Route/Venue Info!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gwood74 View Post
    The Wichita, KS venue will be small, nothing nice about the track. Even though it's 10 min from my house.
    So the party is at your place then?
    Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
    74 Nova Project
    66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
    79 Chevy Truck Project
    1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

"HOWDY PARTNER TOUR"

Comment

Well that's about 12 hrs to the start and 13 hrs home after the finish. I guess I'll do some thinking. Not out yet but just hate all the before and after driving.
        Retirement is better than I thought!

Comment

Originally posted by Andy4639 View Post
          Well that's about 12 hrs to the start and 13 hrs home after the finish. I guess I'll do some thinking. Not out yet but just hate all the before and after driving.
          That's part of it. We did the same when it started in Cocoa Beach, and when it ended in Charlotte..............and Detroit, twice. Guys from the west coast drove three days each way.........
          Last edited by oletrux4evr; January 7, 2016, 08:38 AM.
          Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
          HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post

That's part of it. We did the same when it started in Cocoa Beach, and when it ended in Charlotte..............and Detroit, twice. Guys from the west coast drove three days each way.........
            Getting there and back home is half the fun of it. Don't care where it goes---- I'll be there.
            Todd Des Moines IA HRPT 08 Short Haul 4 STOPS ----HOOKED LH 09,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18 Planning 19

Comment

You forgot "and then started the next year back in Charlotte" Ed. If this stands up the 3-1/2 hrs from KC home will be our closest to home start or end.
              ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

Looks like a magazine page. Was it in the new issue of Hot Rod? I do not have mine yet.
                ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

i have 1900 miles to start don,t about return trip

Comment

Yes I know. I drove the 16 hrs to Texas the first time. Then the 16 hrs back from Dells the next year. I know all about the ride. But when you have to do both it's makes for a long week. Driving out want be bad because I'm fresh and wanting to see everyone. The drive back is harder.
                    Not to mention my first grand baby is due that week also! June 12.... I don't know what to do!
                    Retirement is better than I thought!

Comment

Dang. Passing right by my house and I can't go. Bummer.

Comment

Hmmmm..... Not sure what to think about the Venues. Pretty cool that it's going to end at Arrowhead Stadium in KCMO. Austin will be an awesome stop and venue!!
                        sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
                        - George Orwell

Comment

If any of you guys have issues while passing through Brenham (if the route goes that way between Baytown and Austin), there are a couple of great shops that can probably lend help, tools, or both should a problem arise...

- Mulder's Rods and Customs
                          - Rod Shop
                          - Central Texas Jets

I'll give them a heads up the tour is coming this way.

Comment

Love this route. Living in Kansas City may make me a bit biased, however. My plan for dealing with Royals traffic is to stay for the game! Then sleep in my own bed.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy4639 View Post
                              Yes I know. I drove the 16 hrs to Texas the first time. Then the 16 hrs back from Dells the next year. I know all about the ride. But when you have to do both it's makes for a long week. Driving out want be bad because I'm fresh and wanting to see everyone. The drive back is harder.
                              Not to mention my first grand baby is due that week also! June 12.... I don't know what to do!
                              The Madison to Dallas route in 2013 was a 20 to 24 hour drive to and from for us.
                              Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Originally posted by 74NovaMan View Post

The early bird schedule shows them at home with Detroit Friday and Saturday.

The official website of the Kansas City Royals with the most up-to-date information on scores, schedule, stats, tickets, and team news.
                                Are you shittin me? I'd love to see El Tigres Friday night.
                                Phil / Omaha

Comment

Working...
                                X