Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 59brook View Post
    Wasn't that way when we were there in'13
    I was there in January of 15 the only car you got to see that van that sits out front.
    Grizzly Adams is my hero.

Comment

• Texas motor speedway is hosting a watch party for the new season of Top Gear America on the Tuesday night we roll into the Dfw area. All the hosts of the show are going to be there. The speedway is about a 30 minute drive from the HRPT venue at traders village. Oh and there's a brand new Bucees right across the street from TMS!!

Comment

• When we went there they gave us the walk Of the shop pose for pictures gave autographs Richard even offered me beers out of the fridge

Comment

• Originally posted by pyroimpala View Post
          Texas motor speedway is hosting a watch party for the new season of Top Gear America on the Tuesday night we roll into the Dfw area. All the hosts of the show are going to be there. The speedway is about a 30 minute drive from the HRPT venue at traders village. Oh and there's a brand new Bucees right across the street from TMS!!

https://oss.ticketmaster.com/aps/tms...details/T16TOP
          That's the same night of the BBQ, right?

Comment

• As Txgoats mentioned, everyone should stop at Bucees just to experience it. It's a giant travel center the size of a Walmart, the place where Hot Rod Magazine just mentioned that they sell 20 different flavors of fresh beef jerkey. Also the cheapest priced gas around and great sandwiches too. There is one on the route to Austin, just as you enter Bastrop on Highway 71.

Anyone looking for GREAT Seafood should check out Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen. There are several in Houston area, Austin and DFW area.
            Pappadeaux, Seafood, Festivity Rooms, Catering, Career, Locations, Gift Cards, Pappas Gift Card, Pappas, Family

Comment

• is it anything like the I 80 truck stop in Iowa? i have been there on a trip to Chicago years ago.

Comment

• The KC Royals are playing a four game series at home Thursday through Sunday at home in KC.

Comment

• i am 25 minutes south of royal purple raceway, if anyone has issues let me know, ive got plenty of stuff to help with any kind of repairs
                  Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

• Lakeside Speedway in KCMO will have monster trucks the 18th and 19th.

Comment

• Originally posted by mburrow View Post
                      Everyone is welcome to read my post about an unofficial pit stop in Waco, Tx. up above. 1,600 spaces at McLane Riverfront Stadium with free shuttles to downtown across the I-35. Magnolia Market and Silos, headquarters of the famous Fixer Upper TV show on HGTV. Dr. Pepper Museum, Texas Ranger Museum, Texas Sports Hall of Fame and now we have a National Park Service National Monument 10 minutes off I-35 called the Waco Mammoth Site. Hope everyone can stray from the route in Valley Mills turn right 20 minutes to Waco. I-35 from Waco to Dallas is 75 mph a lot of the way and no construction till you get into Dallas or Ft. Worth. At the McLane Stadium, we will have local car clubs and radio stations from 10 am till 2:00 pm and it is only 1 1/2 hours to Grand Prairie. Hope to see a lot in Waco.
                      Many thanks for putting this together. The "unofficial" Waco stop was well worth it. We ended up driving downtown for our "photo op" at the Brazos River and had a nice lunch at one of the street vendor food trucks. It's too bad HRPT couldn't include a Waco stop in their "official route". Maybe next time.
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	Patricia at Waco.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	507.9 KB
ID:	1111311

Comment

• Here's a couple attractions on RT66, the first 2 are "POPS" (modern day Rt 66) The second 2 are old time Rt 66.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF2000.JPG
Views:	34
Size:	1.47 MB
ID:	1111888 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF2001.JPG
Views:	28
Size:	1.46 MB
ID:	1111889 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF2004.JPG
Size:	1.48 MB
ID:	1111890 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF2011.JPG
Size:	1.46 MB
ID:	1111891
                        John 'n Kathy ('65 GTO)
                        Western North Carolina

"I'd rather do it than watch it"

Comment

• That picture makes the GTO look brand new back in the day. Oh who am I kidding that car looks brand new today.
                          Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

• Originally posted by pintoboy77 View Post
                            That picture makes the GTO look brand new back in the day. Oh who am I kidding that car looks brand new today.
                            I only have 4 more pages on my payment book and it's mine! I took out a 50 year loan, with my dad co-signing for me.
                            John 'n Kathy ('65 GTO)
                            Western North Carolina

"I'd rather do it than watch it"

Comment

• Think your Dad would co-sign for me too?
                              Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
                              The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

• I love the pictures of Pop's. Edmond, just west of Arcadia, and on Route 66 is my hometown. They've done so much to revitalize Rt 66 and it makes me happy to be there. I was just back there this weekend and did some tourist stuff! State Capitol, Oklahoma Bombing Memorial, Myriad Gardens, Fourth of July Parade and Fireworks, Pops and my best friend's family's celebration at Lake Arcadia/Lake Hiawassee there near Pops. Thanks for the memories BS friends. I had a ball this year!

Comment

Working...
                                X