• Show
Clear All

• Anyone still going up Saturday lunch?
    PT 2006-2008-2009-2010-2011-2014-2015
    1970 EL CAMINO

Comment

• Originally posted by BLUE STREAK View Post
      Anyone still going up Saturday lunch?
      Yes, I have a group of cars heading that way. It is 50% chance of rain, so I am not sure how many are going. I heard that some folks want a rain date, but we are going rain or shine. We will do another run with a different route in the fall. I expect to be at the Gear Head Diner between 12 and 1:30 depending on stops, breakdowns etc. We will be on the road by 9:45 am.

We welcome anyone to join us. I know of at least 1 person taking a D.D. due to issues with the hot rod. Come on down and join us.

Here is the information: Meet at QT in Mooresville on highway 150 at 9:30 AM : leaving shortly after 9:30.

QuikTrip
      Gas Station
      680 River Hwy
      (704) 664-0855

Driving west on 150 to Sherrill’s Ford Rd, then taking back roads all the way to the Blue Ridge Parkway.

Getting on the B.R.P. heading East towards Fancy Gap VA.

Stopping for lunch at:

Gear Head Diner
      7145 Chances Creek Road
      Fancy Gap Va.

After Lunch, taking 52 South to the Mt. Airy Cruise night.

The drive back will be at no particular time or directions. Everyone is on their own at that point.

There might or might not be random stops along the way, for any reason or no reason at all.

Please forward to any car guys or girls. Everyone is welcome, all makes & models.

Please be fueled up at QT.

The drive to Fancy Gap will be about 140 miles.

Comment

• Hoping for lots of pictures of your lunch meet at The Gear Head Diner!

Comment

• Originally posted by sueunit View Post
          Hoping for lots of pictures of your lunch meet at The Gear Head Diner!
          I remembered the camera, forgot the license plates for Vic & Terri. The batteries died in the camera ( and in a 55 and a 56 Chevy) during our ride up the parkway. Sorry, no pics but had a great lunch.

Vic did a great job of fixing some of the issues (while we ate) one of our guys had on the run. Where else can you go and have a great meal and the hot rod repaired?

Sorry about the black marks out front, my foot slipped off the clutch. I need new shoes...

Comment

• OK u all, When are we all going to plan a BS trip to the Gear Head Diner? I' am going to make it a two day trip for us since we are 6 hours out. I'm thinking Aug. 6th might be good because there is the big event at Pilot Mountain, NC that Saturday night.

Let me know if anyone else can make it that weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by novadriver View Post
              OK u all, When are we all going to plan a BS trip to the Gear Head Diner? I' am going to make it a two day trip for us since we are 6 hours out. I'm thinking Aug. 6th might be good because there is the big event at Pilot Mountain, NC that Saturday night.

Let me know if anyone else can make it that weekend.
              My schedule is clear, I will check with my driver peewee! It would be a overnighter for us too, I imagine. Any ideas on lodging close by?

Comment

• Chris, that might work out for me. I am going to an All Ford Show at the NC Transportation Museum until about 1, then could head up there for a late lunch / early dinner.

On a side note, there are plenty of antique stores on 52 heading back down the mountain plus the Blue Ridge Parkway is right there.

Comment

• Just a little too far for me. Hope to make it by someday though.
                  Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

• Originally posted by sueunit View Post

My schedule is clear, I will check with my driver peewee! It would be a overnighter for us too, I imagine. Any ideas on lodging close by?
                    There is a Scottish Inn here in Fancy Gap and others in Hillsville Va

Comment

• I can do Aug 6th.....
                      Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
                      The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

• OK Looks like mama is good with it. So i will check with some others tonight and make start making route plans from the north.

So no matter what Mama and I will be down. Maybe a heard will follow...

Vic & Terri I will see you all on the 6th of Aug. and anyone else that shows up.

Comment

• OK so far I have a yes from Kathy & Dennis and Bernie. He is asking Pops also.

Comment

• Well I'm probably out, John starts school that Monday the 8th. It is my short weekend off but I'd be a push to do it. Not ruling it out completely I'll have to see if I can swing Thursday night off!
                            Be nice when I don't have to worry with the paper mill
                            Last edited by corvettedad; July 18, 2016, 11:48 AM.
                            Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                            If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

• Originally posted by corvettedad View Post
                              Well I'm probably out, John starts school that Monday the 8th. It is my short weekend off but I'd be a push to do it. Not ruling it out completely I'll have to see if I can swing Thursday night off!
                              Be nice when I don't have to worry with the paper mill
                              WOW, you have a lot going on, but being selfish, I sure hope you can somehow make it. Listen to me, ha! , I haven't even talked to peewee yet. Hope we can make it too.

Comment

• We can be there for lunch on Aug 6. We'll likely turn around after lunch and head back and see how far we can make it toward home. Sort of a rehearsal to see how far Unit can ride in Red before she turns to stone. And how far I can drive anymore too before we have to stop. We'll be taking Red to Daytona in December and we have to make it there in one day, about 9 hours, that'll be good practice to see what we're up against.
                                Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Working...
                                X