No announcement yet.

Stories from the "GearHead Diner"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SO, thanks to Chris, we are hereby declaring the Gear Head Diner Grand Opening to be August 6. We were waiting for GHD management to declare, so I guess we'll just declare and crash the place. And take lots of photos. And stuff like that.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

• Jim and Mary can't get away ( as expected, of course, they are running the Inn, after all), but they will let Randy and Betty know!

Comment

• Ok I just called The Scottish Inn there in Fancy Gap and made my reservations for Aug 6th. They have plenty of rooms and they are right near the Diner.

Here is the info: Scottish Inn
        142 Kelly Rd.
        Fancy Gap, VA
        (276)-728-5101

Also I will start the head count:
        I have 6 so far from my way.

Comment

• Originally posted by novadriver View Post
          Ok I just called The Scottish Inn there in Fancy Gap and made my reservations for Aug 6th. They have plenty of rooms and they are right near the Diner.

Here is the info: Scottish Inn
          142 Kelly Rd.
          Fancy Gap, VA
          (276)-728-5101

Also I will start the head count:
          I have 6 so far from my way.
          Scottish Inn it is then. I'll have 2 possibly 4 people.
          I R Bob
          You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
          2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

• HOLY COW!! This is getting bigger by the minute! I've got to find a way to be there.
            Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
            If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

• I'll be there along with the Casteel's so that's 3...
              Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
              The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

• I really wish we weren't 1,040 miles away. Sounds like a good time.
                Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
                74 Nova Project
                66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
                79 Chevy Truck Project
                1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

• Originally posted by 74NovaMan View Post
                  I really wish we weren't 1,040 miles away. Sounds like a good time.
                  We are driving right near an airport in northern VA if you want us to pick you up on the way.

Comment

• Change of heart, we ain't leavin Fancy Gap with a BS gathering like that going on.....reserved our room at the Scottish Inn for the night of Aug 6. We're Inn.

Comment

• Rooms are booked at the Scottish Inn. It's going to be a mini Power Tour.
                      I R Bob
                      2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

• So should we consider a BS T-shirt color for Saturday's get together???? Would make a great picture to hang in the dinner.
                        Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
                        The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

• Originally posted by novadriver View Post

We are driving right near an airport in northern VA if you want us to pick you up on the way.
                          Thanks for the offer. I actually checked several airports and the tickets are just a bit too much for such a short trip. Driving would breakdown like this:

12 hours Friday
                          5 hours Saturday
                          12 hours Sunday
                          5 hours Monday

This is figuring the quickest possible routes (interstates). If we had the time and $ to make it 6 days and take the scenic route we'd be all over it. Not that I've put any thought into it at all.
                          Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
                          74 Nova Project
                          66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
                          79 Chevy Truck Project
                          1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

• Originally posted by peewee View Post
                            SO, thanks to Chris, we are hereby declaring the Gear Head Diner Grand Opening to be August 6. We were waiting for GHD management to declare, so I guess we'll just declare and crash the place. And take lots of photos. And stuff like that.
                            Its Official August 6 th is BANGSHIFTERS DAY in Fancy Gap

Comment

• Originally posted by 67ragtop View Post

Its Official August 6 th is BANGSHIFTERS DAY in Fancy Gap
                              It'll never be the same!
                              I R Bob

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dave View Post
                                So should we consider a BS T-shirt color for Saturday's get together???? Would make a great picture to hang in the dinner.
                                White. It's hot as hell over here.....but not so much in Fancy Gap. Maybe we should all stand backward toward the camera so the big BS on the back of the shirts is all anybody can see. And we have to get Vic in the photo, he's missed being in one important GHD photo already that even got ink.

Comment

Working...
                                X