No announcement yet.

Is the route published ahead of time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is the route published ahead of time?

Originally posted by BluLightning
    Originally posted by mrs crankshaft
    yes i think the Garmin is great but i still think you need a good old fashion maps
    Especially when you're going through North Carolina and the Garmin says you're not on the road anymore. :o
    Bob, It thinks Maxton is an oasis ;) ;)
    Living the dream!

Comment

Especially when you're going through North Carolina and the Garmin says you're not on the road anymore. :o
      Funny you should mention that. Going between Winston-Salem and Raleigh earlier this year, a new part of the interstate had the Garmin showing me doing cross-country for about 20 minutes and kept wanting me to get out of the field and take the next road. I just kept going until magically we wound up back on the interstate.

;D

Comment

Originally posted by White Monster
        .. and kept wanting me to get out of the field and take the next road...
        Deje Vu all over again!

Sounds like some of our Mexico trips - oh wait - we might have actually been in a field on those - Never Mind ;-).

Comment

At least it doesn't say turn around and grab your ankles! :o ;D
          Some observations:....I use maps, it got a few of us back on the road, so to speak, last year.... (one of the guys used his GPS, it had him routed to somewhere in Texas (from Iowa).....anyway, I did some research, the male voice who says (on the Garmin), "turn around and then....grab your ankles".... is a stand-in actor named Ben Dover......no, really....rexx

Comment

Working...
          X