Motor Week/Gear Head Inn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motor Week/Gear Head Inn

Did anybody see the Gear Head Inn on Motor Week today? Dangit, we messed around and forgot about it and missed it. Did anybody see it? How did that go? Dangit, we missed it.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Unit's a genius - here's a transcript of the segment:

Comment

Just watch it!!! It was great. Hats off to Jim & Mary. They even got Jim doing a nice donut in the lot.

Comment

Dang it. Dadgum it.....DANG. We missed it on our channel. Kick my own ass in the butt. Dadgummt!!!!!

Comment

Pdub you think it might be on YouTube I missed it as well. If anybody discovers where it is please post it up. What channel was it on to start with?
          Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
          The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

We saw it and recorded it. Was great coverage of Jim and Mary and the Gear Head!! If you have DirecTV, it was on channel 281, which is Velocity. Don't know if Dish Network carries Velocity. I'm sure it will be rerun sometime this coming week. The description of the episode says something about a new Malibu.
            Last edited by elcaminogirl59; February 7, 2016, 08:48 AM.
            Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
            Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

It was on Velocity and was supposed to be on PBS too. It's Motor Week episode number 3522. As of last night it wasn't posted on MW's home page yet.

Comment

I recorded it from PBS, I think.
                Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
                Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

I just watched it using on demand. It looks like a very cool place. I would love to check it out someday.
                  Tony and Angie
                  1968 Camaro RS/SS, 2013 Camaro HWSE
                  1977 Trans Am, 1998 Trans Am WS6
                  HRPT 2010,2011,2012,2013,2015

Comment

Originally posted by Swags 68 View Post
                    I just watched it using on demand. It looks like a very cool place. I would love to check it out someday.
                    What path did you take to get to it on demand? We have cable....I can't find it.

Comment

GOT IT GOT IT GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!! Jim and Mary's piece starts at about 7:55. Gosh, this is SOOOOO good, way to go Jim and Mary!!!!!!!!!

In this episode, we see if the Chevrolet Malibu makes the jump from rental car to real contender. Pat Goss helps us keep our eyes on the road. FYI’s Lauren Morrison checks into the gearhead motel for a little cruisin’ R&R. And later, we’ll find out what’s in a name with the Ram 1500 Rebel. Watch online: 2016 Chevrolet Malibu & 2016 Ram 1500 Rebel from MotorWeek. On demand, streaming video from MPT/Maryland Public Television
                      Last edited by pdub; February 8, 2016, 05:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
                        GOT IT GOT IT GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!! Jim and Mary's piece starts at about 7:55. Gosh, this is SOOOOO good, way to go Jim and Mary!!!!!!!!!

http://video.mpt.tv/video/2365661073/
                        Thanx for the heads up. Livin' without a TV, I wasn't sure how I was gonna see the coverage of Jim and Mary's. Ya still got to visit the GEAR HEAD INN in real time!
                        John 'n Kathy ('65 GTO)
                        Western North Carolina

"I'd rather do it than watch it"

Comment

Obviously I'm overly excited about it. That's about as as close as the media ever gets to the truth these days. Yep, they missed some of the better points, did the story in a hurry and skipped some of the better things (although there were hints) ....that was a great piece. I love it because a bunch of us have been there, and there it is. On TV.

Comment

Working...
                          X