Twenty Year dream!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twenty Year dream!!!

I have been a wannabe gear head since the early 80's since reading HOT ROD as a teen into my mid 40's.Finaly the moon and stars aligned and God made it possible to get an old car.Better yet the year I had always wanted a 67 camaro.While it's a nice driver and far from a show car there is tons to do before June.So far a new carb and HEI from points and a two barrel and soon to be swapping out the old three on the floor to a 5 speed.And then swapping out the old mismatched v belt setup to a serpentine drive.Oh yeah and a/c and disc brakes and rebuilt front end.All this is gonna be going down in five months time so wish me luck and hope to meet lots of people and make some friends.

Welcome, and good luck!
    Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

Glad your dream is coming true. Welcome aboard!
      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
      HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Welcome aboard. I have even more to do on the '70 Nova SS that I have had in the corner of the garage for over twenty-five years. Maybe we can race?
        ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

Welcome aboard.

Comment

Welcome. Sounds like your about to have a ton of fun playing with your car and your going to have a blast on the ultimate gear head vacation.
            Visit my sons blog:
            www.driftundertheradar.com

Comment

Originally posted by DWineman View Post
              I have been a wannabe gear head since the early 80's since reading HOT ROD as a teen into my mid 40's.Finaly the moon and stars aligned and God made it possible to get an old car.Better yet the year I had always wanted a 67 camaro.While it's a nice driver and far from a show car there is tons to do before June.So far a new carb and HEI from points and a two barrel and soon to be swapping out the old three on the floor to a 5 speed.And then swapping out the old mismatched v belt setup to a serpentine drive.Oh yeah and a/c and disc brakes and rebuilt front end.All this is gonna be going down in five months time so wish me luck and hope to meet lots of people and make some friends.
              IMHO - just get her safe, the rest of the stuff will take care of itself, most cars on the tour have unfinished "honey do list". As long as she stops, goes and has working lights, you should be in route on June 9th
              nom de guerre - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

Welcome aboard -
                Phil / Omaha

Comment

welcome and good luck with project

Comment

Welcome! Get ready to be totally addicted to the Power Tour. The 67 Camaro are one of my favorite year. (I"m a Camaro girl, we have many years.) You can get it ready, start with the main getting it safe and reliable as >>>>head says, and drive it anyway. Good Luck!!
                    Arlington, Texarkana, Little Rock, 2013
                    Long Hauler 2014, 2016, 2018
                    Kansas City 2017

Comment

Welcome aboard and good luck with the project, looking forward to meeting you on PT.
                      Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
                      The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Thanks everyone for the kind words,Definately making sure she goes and comes and stops is the most important thing right now.I've been kicking around whether to go with four wheel discs or discs and new drums and shoes in the back with new lines.And going from non power brakes to full power because the stopping quicker means more to me than how fast it runs.As it will comfortably run interstate speeds with no issues.

Comment

As long as you have discs on the front. Four wheel drums suck eggs. You don't need rear discs for a daily driver or a low-power car. I really need wire boots or separators to keep the headers from melting the wires. At least two swap meets before tour.

Comment

~Welcome to the Tour! Last year was my first HRPT... Loved every minute of it This BangShift crew of Forum Freaks are Incredible and they're right when they say it's addicting!! Can't get enough of it
                            '86 Monte SS (sold) ~ HRPT 2015, '17, '18 ~ Long Hauler
                            '73 Dodge Coronet Wagon ~ ‘19 Long Hauler
                            79 Trans Am project
                            ’90 Chevy 454 SS

Comment

Welcome and the best of luck getting ready. You will have a blast.
                              Jim & Maureen
                              There is a fine line between hobby and obsession and I think I crossed it!!
                              HRPT Long Haulers 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013

Comment

Working...
                              X