Remember the Ohio speed trap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remember the Ohio speed trap?

Just renewed my auto insurance & it finally caught up with me. The speeding ticket that I got in the Malibu in Ohio in 2014. Took awhile. I had forgotten all about it but from what I heard, I was far from the only one to get one.
    Last edited by 67 Malibu; February 16, 2016, 08:22 PM.
    ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

My insurance went up $14 a month for that. Have not had a ticket since June '91 and get one out of state and all the sudden I'm a risk. Gotta love insurance companies.
    Visit my sons blog:
    www.driftundertheradar.com

Comment

Some friends who were not able to go that year texted Laura that a lot of people on facebook were talking about getting tickets in that area. But by then I had already signed on the dotted line. Laura was especially incensed by the guy telling her "You folks enjoy the rest of your tour now". It seemed to give away that they were targeting all of the older cars.

Comment

That is exactly what the young smart ass said to me.
        Visit my sons blog:
        www.driftundertheradar.com

Comment

my experience in Ohio was more pleasant.....

Comment

I think it's industry wide. We just got our renewal, and it shows a nice increase also. No violations in 5 or 6 years...............
            Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
            HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by Damon23 View Post
              That is exactly what the young smart ass said to me.
              And just think Damon they missed Jack in the Vette running around 150 messing with those new 2014 Vette's, talk about luck!
              Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
              If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Not trying to sound like a smart ass but just wondering were you speeding?
                Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

Originally posted by pintoboy77 View Post
                  How is that relevant?

Comment

Originally posted by pintoboy77 View Post
                    If you think that you sound like a smart ass, you probably do. To answer your question though, the road kept going back & forth from two-lane to four-lane. On one particularly long stretch of two-lane I got stuck behind a car that was running about 45. When it changed over to four-lane (again) I used the extra lane to pass & get back into the right lane before it went back to two-lane again. That was when he got me. When I accelerated to pass. I thought that it was a bit on the CS side as he could see how slow the other car was going. Damon, I think that we both met the same guy. Ed, my agent pointed specifically at that ticket, the only one I have had in many, many years. Good point Allen! It was Power Tour.

Comment

Yep Jack got off the road in the rest area right before Damon's ticket. I had just pulled out into the left lane and he went around me to get Damon. We all got a little speech form the guy since we all pulled over to wait on Damon.
                      Retirement is better than I thought!

Comment

Working...
                      X