Brake Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake Questions

Folks I've been burning up the Internet looking at disc brake kits from Summitt,Jegs etc etc.And looking at Classic Performance Parts since noticing their stuff on Hot Rod Garage and other shows.Does anyone have any personal experience with any particular brand or rants or raves?? Just can't afford Willwood or Baer right now but I don't want any fly by night junk either because stopping is really important.

What are you putting the brakes on?
    Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

1967 Camaro base model.Non power 4 wheel drums it could use help,my plan is at least power disc up front and new drums and shoes or just go ahead and put discs all around while it will be apart.

Comment

Look for a 68 - 74 Nova , direct swap! I've done two myself.
        Last edited by corvettedad; February 25, 2016, 04:07 PM.
        Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
        If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

ccp stuff is all right do the up grade slotted and at least 11 inch you could go non power with right master i use willwood on alot with the right ratio

Comment

PST suspension has complete front and rear kit for $1,030. go here: http://www.p-s-t.com/s.nl/it.A/id.7532/.f?sc=12
            nom de guerre - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

You can also use 1968-72 Chevelle by flipping the steering arms on the back of the spindles around for the rear steer. Or just using the original Camaro drum ones. Haven't done one in awhile. Factory front discs/rear drums are plenty of stopping power for normal driving. And you can then get your parts from your local parts stores. Much more economical & easy to get parts for than the aftermarket brakes. But going from all drums to front discs you will need to change the master cylinder & either add in the factory proportioning valve or an adjustable aftermarket one.

Inline Tube is the largest manufacturer of automotive preformed replacement brake lines and fuel lines with an extensive catalog of award winning restoration parts. From disc brake conversions to DIY kits, trust in the industry leading experts. Order online today!

This is the CCP one that I have used. A master cylinder with built in adjustable proportioning valve. I had one on my Malibu & I have one on my '56 now because they never had any stock disc brakes. I also like the optional bottom exit for brake lines.

Classic Performance Products,chassis parts for Chevy and Ford cars and trucks. Kits and parts for steering,brakes,suspenion systems
              ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

Check your PM

HRPT 2000, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2009, 2011, Long Haul 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017,2018

68 Camaro S/S convertible, 69 Camaro Coupe

Comment

Working...
                X