Oklahoma Gang Roll Call!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oklahoma Gang Roll Call!!

All right everyone, who is still going and who's not. I am still in unless something major happens. Test drove the old Plymouth to Bartlesville last weekend and got 10mpg. Yes that will hurt but my Demon is setup real rich. A buddy from Comp Cams set me up with a FAST a/f ratio meter so I should get that in line soon. So everyone reply with when they are a leaving and old the other good stuff. I plan on leaving early Friday the 5th and running up 169 HWY to KC and then up to DesMoines. Keeps me away from St.Louis traffic with the old manual brakes!!!! Hope to see everyone soon!

Re: Oklahoma Gang Roll Call!!

Shawn-I agree about staying away from St Louis too. So if anyone has ideas about the best way to get around it, pls post. I just do NOT like ALL that traffic!!! We took the scenic route thru Missouri in '07 but it takes longer, altho the roads were great!

Comment

It may look a bit odd on the map, but, depending on you route, I-40 to I-55 to I-57 to I-74 to I-39 to Madtown. Avoids St Louis and KC plus is all interstate. Just 2 cents from a former trucker. Even that route leads to some 2 lanes through IL if ya want a little scenery with your trip.
      Hauling ass & sucking gas are the best uses for a truck.

Comment

Jim, would it not be better for them to go 44north to 55 north, and just before you get to St. Louis take 255 to Chicago. About 30 miles or so you will see 55 again right around Collinsville Ill. take it north to Bloomington Ill, then take 39 north to Madison. We came down from Madison to St. Louis this way and avoided Chicago. I think 39 is a Toll Rd.
        It's not the destination, but the journey and the friends you make along the way that counts.

Comment

Originally posted by Solsticefun
          Jim, would it not be better for them to go 44north to 55 north, and just before you get to St. Louis take 255 to Chicago. About 30 miles or so you will see 55 again right around Collinsville Ill. take it north to Bloomington Ill, then take 39 north to Madison. We came down from Madison to St. Louis this way and avoided Chicago. I think 39 is a Toll Rd.
          This is the route that we are taking. Map quest suggested this.
          http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/i.../Marlin003.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by 65Marlin
            That is were I got the Oklahoma to St. Louis part. The other we traveled coming home from Madison. Chuck and Jill, when on 55 you will come past exit 42 (Staunton exit) honk as you go by, I only live 2 miles from the exit. If you have any trouble call my cell phone that is on the list here in the forum, and we will help in anyway possible.
            It's not the destination, but the journey and the friends you make along the way that counts.

Comment

Originally posted by 65Marlin
              That is were I got the Oklahoma to St. Louis part. The other we traveled coming home from Madison. Chuck and Jill, when on 55 you will come past exit 42 (Staunton exit) honk as you go by, I only live 2 miles from the exit. If you have any trouble call my cell phone that is on the list here in the forum, and we will help in anyway possible.
              Thanks! Will honk when we go by!!!
              http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/i.../Marlin003.jpg

Comment

Working...
              X