Tour of Great Smoky Mts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tour of Great Smoky Mts

We are thinking of returing home via the route through the Smoky Mts. Would leave Bristol and go to Ashville.Take 19 to 441 through Smokies and then head for Knoxville TN. Thought about doing the "Tail" but Chuck has never been through the Smokies. Anyone want to go along?
    http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/i.../Marlin003.jpg

Re: Tour of Great Smoky Mts

Jill, Thats the route my crew is taking, we are even camping just outside the mountains saturday evening then heading back across to MO the next day stopping at cooters place and finaly camping again sunday night before heading to graceland on monday AM

Comment

Chief, We will probably tag along with you guys that Sat. but will have to stay in Nashville area that Sat. nite and make it into Springfield Sunday nite. Chuck and I have to be back at work on Monday!!! :-\

Comment

No problem Jill, you know at the end of the mountains we go past dolly wood at pigeon forge lol

Comment

Originally posted by The Chief
          No problem Jill, you know at the end of the mountains we go past dolly wood at pigeon forge lol
          Are you saying that there is another set of "Mountains" at Dollywood!!! :P

Comment

LOL, by the way is there any thing you need for the oxford? if so let me know i can get it and bring it over

Comment

LOL, by the way is there any thing you need for the oxford? if so let me know i can get it and bring it over
              Thanks. I think the only thing that Chuck might need are the wood pieces on the outside but I think he is going to make that himself. But I will talk to him and see if he needs anything else.

Comment

No probs, my dad had one of those as his 1st company car in snowberry white lol

Comment

No probs, my dad had one of those as his 1st company car in snowberry white lol
                  This one is blue and white. Chuck said he would like to camp with you BUT I don't like to sleep on the ground!!!

Comment

Jill, we arnt technicaly camping lol, one of my crew is dragging a 31' camper behind a suburban the length of the tour

This is the campsite, they also have cabins so it might be cheaper than a motel for a night

Stay at one of our 310 large, shaded sites with 2 swimming pools, a lazy river, very clean facilities and even a market with complete grocery line and a restaurant on site! Family owned and operated since 1978, you will be welcomed by a friendly and courteous staff, eager to make your visit a happy one that you will remember for years.

Comment

Hey Jill

We will probably tag along also. We live about 3 1/2 hours NW of you guys. I would like to do the "TAIL" but the car is not set up for that many curves. A dual friction clutch, manual steering, and manual brakes would flat wear me out on that road. I've never seen the smokey mountians so that looks like a great trip.

Comment

Dont be fooled, the road that runs through looks to have as many bends as the tail

Comment

I have traveled the Smokies many times, and yes Chief the roads through them can be as bad as the Tail. The only difference would be the amount of curves in such a short distance. The Tail is 313 curves in 11 miles, were the others are a little more drawn out, but still as much fun.
                          It's not the destination, but the journey and the friends you make along the way that counts.

Comment

It also looks to have a couple of tunnels perfect for the side pipes on the catalina lol

Comment

Oh, yea there are a few, and people will honk there hornes going through them, and Harleys will rap out the pipes too.
                              It's not the destination, but the journey and the friends you make along the way that counts.

Comment

Working...
                              X