Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tour of Great Smoky Mts

Originally posted by Solsticefun
    Oh, yea there are a few, and people will honk there hornes going through them, and Harleys will rap out the pipes too.
    Sounds like an interesting route! Have been getting my maps of area.
    http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/i.../Marlin003.jpg

Comment

Very pretty scenery up there. You will not sorry you went. Watch for bears too. ;D
      It's not the destination, but the journey and the friends you make along the way that counts.

Comment

Once when we were camping in the Great Smokey Mountains National Park (I think it was Deep Creek), we caught some Rainbow Trout in the river and put them in the cooler, to cook the next day.

That night a big ass Black Bear (and I mean big ass) came into camp, lifted the cooler above his head, and smashed it onto the ground. He sat down and ate every one of those fish as a snack and then picked up our ham and went back up the mountain to have dinner. All while we watched from the window flap of our tent.

Me thinks he had done this a time or two before, as he surely knew what he was doing.
        No fish for us !!
        :-[

Oh... and don't feed the bears.
        ;)

Comment

Last year we were in the Smokies by Gatlinburg with the Solstice and the top down. My brother- in- law was in front of us in a pickup truck and he decided to stop and look at a bear. Much to Tina and my surprise he was along side us standing on his hind legs looking into the car like he just got meals on wheels. Needless to say we didn't stick around, i went around my brother-in-law as he was laughing his ass off at us.
          It's not the destination, but the journey and the friends you make along the way that counts.

Comment

Chuck will be excited...He wants to see a Bear!!!

Comment

Last year we were in the Smokies with the Solstice and the top down. A bear was along side us standing on his hind legs looking into the car like he just got meals on wheels.
              Now I can just picture that and am laughing my ass off !!!
              ;D

Comment

Originally posted by White Monster
                Last year we were in the Smokies with the Solstice and the top down. A bear was along side us standing on his hind legs looking into the car like he just got meals on wheels.
                ;D
                You've got me thinking of the old Yogie Bear cartoons.
                Michael from Hampton Roads

Comment

Originally posted by mlcraven
                  Originally posted by White Monster
                  ;D
                  You've got me thinking of the old Yogie Bear cartoons.

Yea, but I don't think this one was as friendly as Yogie. ;D

Comment

"Keep an eye out for Ranger Smith, Boo Boo, while I grab the Pic-a-nic basket !!"

Funny !!
                    ;D

Comment

Lions and tigers and BEARS...OH MY!!!

Comment

I don't think Yogie had his eye on a Pic-a-nic basket. It was more like two dumb humans in a Solstice with the top down. However, it would have got the wife first, and I would have been long gone, but not after first trying to fight it off. :

Comment

I have traveled the Smokies many times, and yes Chief the roads through them can be as bad as the Tail. The only difference would be the amount of curves in such a short distance. The Tail is 313 curves in 11 miles, were the others are a little more drawn out, but still as much fun.
                          if you are going down the "tail", some of the best curves are on past it. you run into some long sweepers at the bottom. i use to run these at a very high rate of speed on my ZX11. assume.
                          Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

This should be a good finish to our Great week!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X