Ipass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ipass

i know it's been discussed somewhere....but how much did it cost you?
    Maybe I can clear this up.....I thought the cop was a prostitute.

Re: Ipass

Mike
    I use EZ pass and it is free, but you keep a reserve account with $ in it, when it gets low they take money from credit card, 25-50 at a time for me.
    Bob

Comment

IPASS cost me something like $50. Of that $10 is a deposit on the device and $40 is held for tolls. When the account gets down to $10 - they automatically charge your account another $40.

Comment

We paid $50.00 for the Ipass, $10.00 is a deposit for the transponder and $40.00 for toll charges. If you want to send it back after power tour they will refund your $10.00 and also refund what ever is left from $40.00 after paying your tolls. Also if you use the ipass your tolls are cheaper then paying at each toll station. Ordered ours online and took about a week to get it in the mail.
        Donna
        Williamston, MI
        Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

Originally posted by redragtop
          We paid $50.00 for the Ipass, $10.00 is a deposit for the transponder and $40.00 for toll charges. If you want to send it back after power tour they will refund your $10.00 and also refund what ever is left from $40.00 after paying your tolls. Also if you use the ipass your tolls are cheaper then paying at each toll station. Ordered ours online and took about a week to get it in the mail.
          we ordered the I pass also and i think the tolls are half off
          I called 1-800-926-6500 you will need your tag #, Driver Lic # and a credit card

Comment

Anyone have the online address where to get one of these passes? Is it really worth it to get one other than lower tolls?

I was just going to carry several rolls of coins to make sure I have enough change. But if the lines thru the pay tolls are long, it may be worth getting a pass especially if u can turn it back in and get some $$$ back.

Also whats the difference between and IPass and an EZPass? Thanks!

Comment

EZ pass is in NY and others?, EZpass did work every where i have been on 07,08, Maxton, Northeast Rod Run

For this Tour I would get Ipass

Its a pain if not all members of your group has the pass. Big Time difference (waiting), remember Chicago.
              bob

Comment

just google ipass and it will give you the website. Or go to Illinois Dept of Transportation
                Donna
                Williamston, MI
                Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

Originally posted by 1956NY150
                  Mike
                  I use EZ pass and it is free, but you keep a reserve account with $ in it, when it gets low they take money from credit card, 25-50 at a time for me.
                  Bob
                  Mike and maromoma, I have also had ez-pass for many years. It took care of all tolls on both the '07 & '08 Tours. The biggest advantage is the avoiding the lines. The discounts are up to the actual toll operators. For example, Indiana may give 5% off where NJ will give 7%. I highly recommend it. Whenever, I've had problems that were pretty responsive.
                  The website is http://www.e-zpassny.com
                  a.k.a. - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

Originally posted by maromoma
                    Anyone have the online address where to get one of these passes? Is it really worth it to get one other than lower tolls?

I was just going to carry several rolls of coins to make sure I have enough change. But if the lines thru the pay tolls are long, it may be worth getting a pass especially if u can turn it back in and get some $$$ back.

I got mine from the Peace Bridge in Buffalo
                    address & credit card is all they want
                    2007 Power Tour Long Haul
                    2008 Power Tour Long Haul
                    2009 Canadian Points East Tour
                    2009 Power Tour Michigan Stop
                    2011 Power Tour Muskegeon & Detroit Stops
                    2012 Power Tour Long Haul
                    2012 Northeast Rod Run
                    2013 Northeast Rod Run

Comment

In '07 when we were headed up toward Racine, The line of hot rods was bumper to bumper at the toll plaza and we flew past them in the automated lanes waving as we went by. I saw a few that weren't happy seeing us cruise by ;)

Comment

Originally posted by maromoma

Here's a link to I-Pass. I got ours a couple weeks ago. I can't stand waiting in those lines in Chicago.

I R Bob
                        You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                        2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Hell i live here and can't stand it either !!I -pass users save half vs cash on the tolls
                          Has anyone seen my fan?

Comment

Originally posted by 4dfide
                            Hell i live here and can't stand it either !!I -pass users save half vs cash on the tolls
                            I didn't know that. Bonus!! ;D
                            I R Bob
                            You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                            2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

We're not gunna drive interstates and avoid ALL tolls. ;D

Comment

Working...
                              X