No announcement yet.

2017 Power Tour Date

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only so many places big enough. Stadiums, airports, racetrack.. Heartland Park in Topeka; that's around 60 miles west of KC.

Comment

• Originally posted by stu yoakam View Post
      Only so many places big enough. Stadiums, airports, racetrack.. Heartland Park in Topeka; that's around 60 miles west of KC.
      looked at some hotels on the list.....many seem to be in Kansas City, MO.....meaning?....Arrowhead Stadium, or somewhere else close?......any KC folks out there?

Comment

• Just too bad KCIR got the axe. Would be a great place to go.

Comment

• Originally posted by 67 Malibu View Post
          Laura was looking at her old standby for tour info & found this;

Note the "(Not Kansas Speedway)" listed for June 10th. We did not find that anywhere else so do not know what to make of it. Has anyone else heard anything else on that venue yet?
          Did you book room on East side of KC (Independence) as back up?
          Todd Des Moines IA HRPT 08 Short Haul 4 STOPS ----HOOKED LH 09,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18 Planning 19

Comment

• What are the actual Host Hotels for KC? Maybe they offer a clue?? They are usually really close to the chosen Venue...
            '86 Monte SS (sold) ~ HRPT 2015, '17, '18 ~ Long Hauler
            '73 Dodge Coronet Wagon ~ ‘19 Long Hauler
            79 Trans Am project
            ’90 Chevy 454 SS

Comment

• Originally posted by 71Z-28 View Post

Did you book room on East side of KC (Independence) as back up?
              Shur' nuff!
              ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

• I'm near the racetrack in KC so maybe I will have to move if they ever firm up the exact venue, but holding tight for now.
                Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

• We also booked this & we will cancel this or the KC, KS side once we have a firm venue. This one should point us towards the route on Sunday morning.
                  Holiday Inn Express & Suites Independence-Kansas City
                  19901 E. Valley View Parkway
                  Independence, Missouri 64057

...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

• Well after checking the map, kc mo to kc ks is only 4 miles apart. I think at this time I will stick with my rooms.

Comment

• Originally posted by Redline04 View Post
                      What are the actual Host Hotels for KC? Maybe they offer a clue?? They are usually really close to the chosen Venue...
                      The host hotels are listed under "Hotel Information" on the Hot Rod web site, Hot Rod Power Tour events. I just saw it a couple of days ago.

HRPT 2000, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2009, 2011, Long Haul 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017,2018

68 Camaro S/S convertible, 69 Camaro Coupe

Comment

• Originally posted by rexdogg View Post
                        looked at some hotels on the list.....many seem to be in Kansas City, MO.....meaning?....Arrowhead Stadium, or somewhere else close?......any KC folks out there?
                        ​When the hotel list came out maybe they didn't know the Kansas City event site.
                        2016 Corvette Stingray "Ariel"

Comment

• After some lookin, it seems a lot of these Host Hotels are mostly along I-70, and within a couple miles of Arrowhead/Kaufmann stadium....
                          '86 Monte SS (sold) ~ HRPT 2015, '17, '18 ~ Long Hauler
                          '73 Dodge Coronet Wagon ~ ‘19 Long Hauler
                          79 Trans Am project
                          ’90 Chevy 454 SS

Comment

• Just to add to the confusion, KCKS and KCMO are one city divided by a river. North KC is on the other side of another river.
                            Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                            HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• Originally posted by smalblock View Post

The host hotels are listed under "Hotel Information" on the Hot Rod web site, Hot Rod Power Tour events. I just saw it a couple of days ago.

I can't find the list of Host Hotels but I live in the KC Metro area and the Speedway in KCKS to the Stadiums in KCMO are about 20-25 mins from each other. If the route to IA goes up I-29 or I-35 then either location is fine for heading North. There are a few venues in the area big enough to hold this event, if it ends up being North of I70 then staying up by the KCI airport would get you more in the direction of stop #2.

Comment

• Ok I found the hotel info listed on the Hot Rod site. The listed Hotels for KC are all over the Metro area.
                                Last edited by sangell; February 14, 2017, 08:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X