Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rumors, Rumors, Rumors

Time for Walmart Parking lot Tour

This GM crap is getting to me, who really cares.
    I want to see my friends, drive the Route, and see my friends.
    I dont need give aways and dont need to set anywhere but in my car and in the Motel Parking Lot.
    I can fix my car without GM help, my SB doesn't even have a GM part in it.
    I need a Studebaker
    Bring it On
    boob

Re: Rumors, Rumors, Rumors

Some official word would be nice instead of making us hang on rumors. Come on DF how about it?
    1964 Chevelle
    Power Tour 2004-2008, 2013, 2015-2016, 2018
    LH 2005-2008, 2015-2016, 2018

Comment

I just read the thread over on the other forum, havnt been there since last year but i was wondering what was going to happen with GM

Comment

I was thinking (yeah we all know how dangerous that can be) that "other" activities that we could do would be to have a scavenger hunt or poker run during the day between event cities. That would give us something to do on the shorter days and would give the sponsors opportunities to give away some prizes without having to hang out at the stage. After all, if I am going to a car show, I tend to like to hang out at the cars to look for nice pieces or talk to deviates that like my ride.

I have been gone for a few days so I am not on top of all the rumors but I do surely hope that they don't change the Warren stop at this late date. It doesn't seem like it would be that expensive to open the parking lot for the stop. Perhaps they (GM) could cancel any of the actual facility tours and other activities associated with the visit there but allow us to use their parking lot to gather. Maybe we could make a charitable donation to have some "out of work" automotive employees come in and clean the grounds after we leave. That would help the community and defer some "unnecessary" expenses for GM.

Most of you guys know I am not a huge GM fan but given the current state of affairs I am truly grateful that we can do the PowerTour this year so I would hate for us to bitch too much about this change if in fact it happens.

Comment

fwiw......if you get a chance, check out the HR Power Tour boards, particularly under PT stops so far.....a poster who works at the Corvette plant, who has access to another GM website, indicates that the Warren stop is being moved, the HR folks are looking for another venue....rexx

Comment

And I got my hotel right across the street.. :-[
            I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

Originally posted by street72
              And I got my hotel right across the street.. :-[
              yeah, and so did our crew....so, if they move the Warren venue, and depending on how far away they move it, it's going to confuse some folks....if they do move the venue, I hope they get the info out sooner rather than later.....rexx

Comment

Someone with authority needs to post something. It is three weeks before the tour. Not a good time to be throwing everything up in the air. Either give us a yes this is true or no it is not. Even if they do not know the new venue yet. If this is true I bet there will be some very upset hotel owners.
                1964 Chevelle
                Power Tour 2004-2008, 2013, 2015-2016, 2018
                LH 2005-2008, 2015-2016, 2018

Comment

i hope the new venue(if there is one) isn't to far away. my copilot has to work wednesday and thursday so we have a flight booked for her to fly out of Detroit that night. they need to let us now something soon. anyway, why is there a rumor about the venue even being changed. what is the problems with this site now?

Comment

Originally posted by DropTopZ28
                    why is there a rumor about the venue even being changed. what is the problems with this site now?
                    Mr. Obama drives a Saab and as the new majority owner of GM doesn't want to spend any money on domestic riffraff. :o

Now, how is that for a RUMOR?

Comment

Originally posted by rexdogg
                      the HR boards (under pt stops so far) have a post from a person who works at the Corvette plant; according to his post, his access to another GM website has it that the Warren stop is being moved, the HR people are looking for another venue......rexx
                      We're JUST CHOPPED LIVER

We are the ones that provide the SHOW, they're the ones that make the $$$ OFF US, run the $$$ and you will see the $$ that Family Events and HR are pulling out of this.

I will almost promise that IF they move the Venue, I will go to the Motel and see you all there.

Not to disrespect anyone, but Detroit isn't any great place for me, #1 son lived there and we visited more than a few times, FORD MUSEUM and RED WINGS (i love the RED Wings) thats enough of Detroit for me. and and and the roads Suck.

STUDEBAKER POWER
                      boob

Comment

The main reason I wanted to go this year is because of the GM Tech Center in Detroit and to see a friend there also. I guess I'll spend the day with that friend. The Power Tour has gotten big enough that we are a byproduct of the tour, not the reason they have a tour. Tell us what's going on? Are you kidding? :o

Comment

Originally posted by 1956NY150
                          Originally posted by rexdogg
                          the HR boards (under pt stops so far) have a post from a person who works at the Corvette plant; according to his post, his access to another GM website has it that the Warren stop is being moved, the HR people are looking for another venue......rexx
                          We're JUST CHOPPED LIVER

We are the ones that provide the SHOW, they're the ones that make the $$$ OFF US, run the $$$ and you will see the $$ that Family Events and HR are pulling out of this.

I will almost promise that IF they move the Venue, I will go to the Motel and see you all there.

Not to disrespect anyone, but Detroit isn't any great place for me, #1 son lived there and we visited more than a few times, FORD MUSEUM and RED WINGS (i love the RED Wings) thats enough of Detroit for me. and and and the roads Suck.

STUDEBAKER POWER
                          boob

We'll be ok Boob! We can all get together in a parking lot somewhere, tell lies and do burnouts.
                          I R Bob
                          You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                          2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning
                            We'll be ok Boob! We can all get together in a parking lot somewhere, tell lies and do burnouts.
                            I agree with Bob Booby

Any idea where we can get a line on a used timeclock?
                            That way we wouldn't have to stop by any of the venues in the evenings to get our cards punched. Just in the mornings for the driver's meetings.

Comment

GM and Chrysler ought to have some extras......... :'( >
                              It would be funny if it wasn't true.
                              Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                              HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Working...
                              X