Toll Info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toll Info

A friend of mine from the Power Tour sent me an email that I wanted tell you guys & gals.......it pertains to Tolls in the Chicago/Illinois area... he discovered that you can purchase an Ipass that will allow you to drive right through the tolls in Illinois without stopping for the manual lanes. The transponder costs a $10.00 deposit plus $40.00 in toll credits which are used at reduced rate than that at the actual toll booth. When your done with you send back wrapped in foil & they send a check for your balance in about 45 days or you can keep it they dont expire. Here is the link......for that

I know this is short notice but I just found out myself.....another option is to purchase it in person when you go through on your way up to the Power Tour. They can bought at any Jewel-Osco store in the state according to the site...this is what I plan to do.......no toll waiting drive thru past all the traffic.

Anyone who lives up there could shed more light on it than I could.....Later.......credit goes to my friend Bill Spooner.
    Sorry if this is a repost...........
    That steely eyed look I had behind the wheel was me trying see..........

Re: Toll Info

your info is accurate; the ipass allows the vehicle to drive on the Illinois tollway system without having to get off to go through the manual lanes (the vehicle passes under the transponders); if a tollbooth happens to have lanes with gates (like on I-90 on the southeast end of Chicago), the gates go up after recognizing the ipass. The tollway system also recognizes i-zoom (Indiana) and ez-pass (eastern states), and the Indiana tollway recognizes ipass......the ipass is also sold at the tollway oases, but I don't know what their hours are.....rexx

Comment

Does anybody know if the reader can see a transponder that it just held up against the windshield?? My K-Tag can't be seen for some reason, even though I hold it about 3" below the top of the glass and flat up against it. Don't plan to attach the I-Pass unless I have to......
      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
      HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

I was told you just hang it from your review mirror with it turned on...................
        That steely eyed look I had behind the wheel was me trying see..........

Comment

Mine has 2 velcro strips for glueing it to the glass.......
          Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
          HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr
            Does anybody know if the reader can see a transponder that it just held up against the windshield?? My K-Tag can't be seen for some reason, even though I hold it about 3" below the top of the glass and flat up against it. Don't plan to attach the I-Pass unless I have to......
            Yes - well at least it can on a 57 Ford windshield. The hard part is REMEBERING to hold it up as you blasting down the highway :-[

Comment

What Pass,
              i watched a certain Green GTO Conv run so many toll booths without a pass, but the one with the Arm screws that drive thru system up, green GTO (Canadians) called after tour to apologize and they said they usually dont start coming after you till you do it more than 3 times, now in NY if i blow thru faster than speed limit i get a letter in the mail and they will take the pass
              boob

Comment

I was told there is something that turns the transponder on before you get to the toll gate so it must be held to the windshield about a 1/4 mile before to get activated or it won't register when you go through. In '07 I had the pass and used the velcro, when I got home it peeled right off since the glue was fresh. Shouldn't be a problem to attach it for the tour. I'll be using it going to Madison as well as on the tour.

Comment

Working...
                X