No announcement yet.

Jimmy Shine's New Show - WEAPONIZERS !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jimmy Shine's New Show - WEAPONIZERS !!

I posted this up in the General Discussion board, but knowing alot of you Freaks don't get out of the HRPT section much, I thought I'd copy it here also.

Jimmy Shine came out to Maxton this weekend to race in Jesel's coupe (he managed 201 MPH and some change and was inducted into the ECTA 200 MPH club and earned his Green Hat).

I got the oportunity to chat with him and he told me about his new show on the Discovery Channel, called Weaponizers.
    They get to screw around with big guns and ordinance and blow sh!t up in the Navada desert and he said it was a blast (ha, ha pun intended).

Jimmy said they incorporate some heavy stuff into crazy cars and vehicles and go to town on some junk.
    Anyhow, it sounds like a hoot and worth checking out.
    I'm gonna !!
    ;D

Weaponizers cast with guns: Jimmy Shine, Andrew McLaren, Rusty Oliver, and Cowboy (James Holland).

One of the zany Weaponizer vehicles ...

.. and the mayhem that ensues !!!

Re: Jimmy Shine's New Show - WEAPONIZER !!

Tonight on Discovery Channel at 8pm EST is last week's premier Carbeque, and at 9pm is the new episode Mad Max !

CARBEQUE - A meat truck and an ice cream van are turned into war wagons.

MAD MAX - remote-controlled vehicles are ready to destroy each other.

Comment

Re: Jimmy Shine's New Show - WEAPONIZERS !!

sure doesn't look like the stuff that jimmy shine would do! he must be under contract and forced to do this! did he say he actually enjoyed doing the show? not the jimmy shine i know!

he is one of the good, down to earth guys..... can't believe he got hooked up / this.

Comment

A guy I work with, Dave, won the Hard Shine show that was on a few years ago. He chose not to move to Cali to work for him though.
        I R Bob
        You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
        2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Interesting thing ...

He loves doing the new show and is having lots of fun. I asked him about the dynamics of Hard Shine and he said he would never do that again ! The producers forced the choice of participants on him in order to draw the largest demograph across the board for popularity. They did ask his opinion; "Jimmy, what do you think of them" ?

"Well this one is OK, but most of these others won't make it and aren't any good. I'd rather give the slots to real Hot Rodders who will make a good stab at building Hot Rods, that's what we do".

They picked those others anyhow for the drama. He said if he does ever do something like that again, it will be on his own terms.

Comment

Here's one of Dave's cars. I'm pretty sure this isn't the one he had on the show but he did build this one from the ground up.

I R Bob
            2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Jimmy Shine is coming over to the UK for one of our Rod meets in July 8)

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning
                Here's one of Dave's cars. I'm pretty sure this isn't the one he had on the show but he did build this one from the ground up.
                Very nice truck Dave's got there, I'd love to have that baby !
                And you are correct, that is not the one he had on the Hard Shine show.
                Dave is the one that Jimmy said, had what it took.

All the phony drama aside, the series had some decent moments and we got to see some cool cars.
                Dave's coupe was awesome ! Once I saw the projects the other two ricer boys had, I knew they were not the ones for a shop like SoCal.

I won't even comment on what Jimmy had to say about Sarah !!
                :P

Comment

Dave definitely has some talent. One of these days I'm going to have to go over to his house and check out all of his rides. He's got a few. ;)
                  I R Bob

Comment

They showed his shop in one of the episodes, where Jimmy went to visit to see where he built his stuff.
                    Pretty big if I recall, like a barn or something.

Comment

Originally posted by White Monster
                      They showed his shop in one of the episodes, where Jimmy went to visit to see where he built his stuff.
                      Pretty big if I recall, like a barn or something.
                      Yeah it's in his backyard. I believe its a pole barn.
                      I R Bob

Comment

Working...
                      X