No announcement yet.

Tired

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congratulations Allen!!!! I celebrated ten years last Halloween. Don't miss it a bit.
    ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

Hey Allen Congratulations from all of us, we are hanging out in my living room right now, Keith, Tammy, Bob and my kids. Tanner already went to bed. Now that you are retired you can come visit with us in Michigan when we are having a work on the cutlass day. Keith said to bring your white coveralls. I am jealous, I still have a few more years before I can retire.
      Donna
      Williamston, MI
      Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

Awesome news Allen ... whatcha gonna do first ?

Comment

Congrats Allen!!!!
          Jim & Maureen
          There is a fine line between hobby and obsession and I think I crossed it!!
          HRPT Long Haulers 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013

Comment

Thanks everyone for the well wishes

​As to plans, I have none - which given my personality, is a pretty scary place to be!!!

​We have been looking for a house with better facilities but have not found anything that was close enough to civilization that had the shop space I wanted. So now we are trying to get estimates for expanding our current footprint. I would like to start working on my truck as soon as I can get the room to blow it all apart.

Comment

Extra Nice!! Congratulations on making this milestone. What to do, what to do? My retired friends say this is a very busy gig, although no one mentions going back to work. ENJOY!!
              200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
              Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

Good for you bro - now we know why you were looking for a project. Truck - ? What truck ? Spill it...........
                Phil / Omaha

Comment

congats allan on to the next chapter

Comment

I came in today on overtime. Today is my 38 year anniversary date. Maybe in about 10 years I can retire also!

Congrats on your goal!
                    Retirement is better than I thought!

Comment

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post
                      Truck - ? What truck ? Spill it..........
                      1966 F250. My dad bought it new as a camper special. I got it from him in the early 80s. I put a 460 / C6 in it in the late 80s and took it on power tour in 2008. I have the old 533 out of the wagon all prepped to drop in it but the truck really needs to be taken completely apart. It has lots of rust in the doors, the drip rails around the cab and the bed. I would like to stretch the cab a few feet (~extra cab sort of) while retaining the 8 foot bed. I might just drop the engine in for now and then if/when I get the room to take it apart deal with the big stuff.

Comment

Get it running and enjoy it a couple of years before you paint it.

HRPT 2000, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2009, 2011, Long Haul 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017,2018

68 Camaro S/S convertible, 69 Camaro Coupe

Comment

If anybody can do it you can - enjoy retirement too...... !
                          Phil / Omaha

Comment

CONGRATS!!! Lots of ideas out there, has anyone mentioned some vintage flat trackin'? That was my first thought. Put it in sideways!!!
                            John 'n Kathy ('65 GTO)
                            Western North Carolina

"I'd rather do it than watch it"

Comment

Originally posted by papasmurf587 View Post
                              CONGRATS!!! Lots of ideas out there, has anyone mentioned some vintage flat trackin'? That was my first thought. Put it in sideways!!!
                              John

I really wish I still had that skill (balls) - very few things in life have given me the same level of adrenaline rush as pitchin it in the corner pinned!
                              Last edited by cstmwgn; January 16, 2017, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post

John

I really wish I still had that skill (balls) - very few things in life have given me the same level of adrenaline rush as pitchin it in the corner pinned!
                                Oh I think you still have them! 🏈🎱⚾⚽
                                Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                                If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Working...
                                X