Chicago Toll Booths

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chicago Toll Booths

Whats traffic like at the toll booths during the day? I realize there will be lines but how bad? I have a clutch....

Re: Chicago Toll Booths

If you have no I-Pass... HORRIBLE.

If you have I-Pass... like I do... GREAT.

Ryan's Cars in Barns Blog
    www.carsinbarns.blogspot.com

Comment

Yeah we went through there last year on a Saturday and it sucked.
      I R Bob
      You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
      2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

depends, I suppose, on what you mean by Chicago toll booths....if you're coming into Madison, and/or leaving Racine for South Bend, and choose to use I-294 (the Illinois tollway; and might I mention, none of this makes sense unless you can look at a map); the Ilinois Tollway uses open road tolling, which means that vehicles equipped with I-pass, I-zoom, ez-pass, etc., just roll along on the roadway under electronic sensors, while vehicles not so equipped have to "get off (to the side)", pay the toll, and get back on....now, on thre HR route from Racine to South Bend, there is a leg on I-90, from just south of Chicago city center to the Illinois-Indiana state line (about 7 miles or so, referred to locally as the Chicago Skyway, primarily because of its elevation over the adjoining neighborhoods); there is one toll of $3, lanes are i-pass/i-zoom etc. equipped, but the lanes have the movable gates (once the transponder is recognized, it's okay); the next toll booth is just across the Indiana-Illinois state line, still on I-90 (now referred to as the Indiana Tollroad),; again their lanes are gated, but transponders get a vehicle through faster).....coming from Racine to South Bend on a Monday morning/early afternoon, there should be no problems (without a major truck crash of some sort, of course)

Comment

Alternativly do what i plan to do and run a different road avoiding the toll

Comment

I got my I-pass today just 7 days after ordering it on-line. ;D

Comment

Working...
            X