Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: First Aid Kit - Suggested Contents

Originally posted by Bamfster
    If anyone is interested, I have a full list of "human" OTC meds that are safe for animals with reccomended dosages based on the animals weight.
    I'd be interested in this just for home use.
    I R Bob
    You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
    2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Needle and thread.......several times I have closed up deep cuts on my hands myself, it rarely hurts any worse than the actual wound itself. Plus I stitch my dogs up when they cut paws and stuff, they have a higher tolerance of pain than their owners.

Benadryl.....great for bee stings, mosquito bites and numerous allergies. It even works for our four legged friends that travel with us.
      Dan, thanks for the input, I added Needle & Thread to the Equipment section.
      The Benadryl was already listed in the Antihistamine line.

o Antihistamine (diphenhydramine - brand name Benadryl)

Why don't you go ahead and post up the full list of "human" OTC meds that are safe for animals with rec comended dosages based on the animals weight, sounds interesting.

;)

Comment

Thats what I get for speed reading.....DOH!

This is out of a book that my bro lives by, he trains and hunts Labs. Sorry I don't have the Title/author of the book, but I can get it from him if anyone is interested. I keep a dedicated first aid kit in the camper for the pups...

Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Sorry I don't have the Title/author of the book, but I can get it from him if anyone is interested. I keep a dedicated first aid kit in the camper for the pups...
          Looks like a cool book, so when you get the time, please follow-up with your bro regarding the Title and Author, I'd like to check it out.

Also a great idea to have a dedicated "Doggie" first aid kit for the non-human items.
          ;)

Comment

are you saying that some of us are animals? :o
            Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Needle and thread.......several times I have closed up deep cuts on my hands myself, it rarely hurts any worse than the actual wound itself. Plus I stitch my dogs up when they cut paws and stuff, they have a higher tolerance of pain than their owners.
              Ya don't need a needle and thread, just break out the super glue, we have used that a few times at our house.
              Donna
              Williamston, MI
              Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

Originally posted by redragtop
                Ya don't need a needle and thread, just break out the super glue, we have used that a few times at our house.

I mean DEEEEEP cuts.....LOL
                Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Working...
                X