Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you decided on what you're going to forget to pack yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Have you decided on what you're going to forget to pack yet?

Originally posted by 69SS 350 5 Speed
    At 10:30 last night, I was just about asleep when I remembered that I didn't put the 4 ton bottle jack and the BFH aside yet. So, I got up and went down to the garage and put them behind the car. I didn't want to open and close the trunk and wake the wife.

I have been going over the list and I keep thinking of little things. The wife remembered to put in a big roll of TP just in case. I have the IPOD and camera cables already. My tool bag is full (SAE & Metric). I remembered the multi-meter. The chairs are in the trunk. The umbrella is on the floor behind the passenger seat. The registration and insurance card are in the console. The spare is fully aired up. The little ice chest is ready for some ice and a couple bottles of water. Oh crap, that reminds me I need a gallon of distilled water in the remote possibility the car overheats.

I don't have a locking cap on the Camaro. I guess it never ends.

69SS it sounds like your expecting heavy seas on this trip..........that's a lot of ballast ('sound' of my head ducking from freak shrapnel)
    a.k.a. - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

My load is actually pretty light. I don't have more than 120 pounds of extras including the luggage. Over the years I have seen some pretty loaded down cars. Spare fuel pumps, alternators, camping stoves, quarts of oil, card tables, you name it.

I was going to bring the serpentine belt tool in case someone needed assistance but now you've made me feel self conscious about bringing too much stuff.
      Jim & Maureen
      There is a fine line between hobby and obsession and I think I crossed it!!
      HRPT Long Haulers 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013

Comment

BRING IT... I have a serpentine belt - and no tool :'(
        Jim T
        Supercar Collectibles
        www.Supercar1.com

Comment

I'll stick it in the trunk tonight. It has the square fitting as well as five other hex sockets. It only weighs about 2 pounds.
          Jim & Maureen
          There is a fine line between hobby and obsession and I think I crossed it!!
          HRPT Long Haulers 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013

Comment

No spare(but do carry fix-a-flat) no spare parts, minimum luggage, never have, 5th long haul, but I drive a Chevy.
            Let's Roll!

Comment

John, you talk about not having a spare. I'm driving a 06 Solstice, it has no spare or trunk. You talk about creative packing, we know how. Plus it helps to have a brother-in-law with a 66 Impala with a large trunk. ;D
              It's not the destination, but the journey and the friends you make along the way that counts.

Comment

Working...
              X