Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Food on the Power Tour

I grew up in Jersey where the Dunkin is king. ;D

Besides, last time I went to a Krispy Kreme I about went into diabetic shock. LMAO! We had that chain come through MN and the upper midwest about 5-6 years ago and they're ALL gone now. Couldn't last up here for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10
      Originally posted by 66Fury3
      If I get the chance I'm going to Miller's Bar on Michigan Ave. near Telegraph in Dearbron, Michigan where I'm originally from. Best damn hamburgers on the planet - see ya soon - Phil

Website says they ranked 8th. in a nationwide GQ contest/survey.

http://www.millersbar.com/index.html

Those burgers look awesome, love the Onion Rings too.......
      Great place, I used to meet my dad for lunch there regularly, he worked down the street from there (FoMoCo) even though we'd gone there previously also. It's only a mile or two from where I grew up, Michigan Ave. (US 12) runs all the way from Detroit to Chicago. Too bad we couldn't buy Jeremy a burger and a beer there.
      Hey Phil, that don't mean we can't partake and drink one to him...... ;D
      Done !! One in each city !
      Cool Plan........

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
      1966 Plymouth Fury III
      2014 Dodge Ram 1500
      Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
      Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

Comment

If you're looking for regional specialties, you'll have more than you can handle. In Wisconsin, pick a local bar. Chances are they are having a Sat or Sun. brunch special. Slam down 2 or 3 Bloody Marys while chowing on some greasy potatoes and bacon. For lunch, bratwurst and beer. Repeat for dinner. ;D Have I mentioned we lead the country in DUI's? If you want to stay out of jail, look for frozen custard places like Culvers or Frosty's. DEFINATELY go to Bratfest 2 if you can. That will give you a great taste of Wisconsin.
        I'm probably wrong

Comment

my father and i where watching tv and there was a mom and pop drivin-in in somerset thats supposed to be the best drive-in in kentucky
          The youngest guy on the board
          76 vega
          86 fiero

Comment

Madison Places to eat:

Classic Fish Fry place (It is on East Washington Ave which is the main cruising road) If you get there after 6PM you will need to wait a bit
            The Avenue Bar:
            http://avenuebarmadison.com/

The Old Fashioned:
            http://www.theoldfashioned.com/

On the Capitol Square classic Northern Wi food (lazzy suzans with cheese, sausage, pickled beats....). .. some classic beers on tap including schiltz If you get there after 5:30 you will have over an hour wait ....

The Great Dane Brew Pub

http://www.greatdanepub.com/

3 locations in Madison (arrive after 6PM and you'll be waiting an hour).

Also check out Yelp.com for more restaurants and reviews on them.....

Comment

If I get the chance I'm going to Miller's Bar on Michigan Ave. near Telegraph in Dearbron, Michigan where I'm originally from. Best damn hamburgers on the planet - see ya soon - Phil

Great place, I used to meet my dad for lunch there regularly, he worked down the street from there (FoMoCo) even though we'd gone there previously also. It's only a mile or two from where I grew up, Michigan Ave. (US 12) runs all the way from Detroit to Chicago. Too bad we couldn't buy Jeremy a burger and a beer there.
              Cool Plan........
              Ed - there will be a hockey game Saturday night since the Wings lost last night - I'll save you a bar stool.
              Phil / Omaha

Comment

Cool Plan........
                Ed - there will be a hockey game Saturday night since the Wings lost last night - I'll save you a bar stool.
                Phil, Cool, see you @ QSL and figure out what sports bar to go to..........

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
                1966 Plymouth Fury III
                2014 Dodge Ram 1500
                Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
                Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

Comment

Working...
                X