• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General Motors will file for bankruptcy protection today

I am very sad for all the people this will affect
    The only thing I can stress is BUY AMERICAN

Re: General Motors will file for bankruptcy protection today

It's done.

Is it just me or does it seem like the most ignorant thing in the world to keep GMC when all they are is Chevy's with different grills. :
    I R Bob
    You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
    2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning
      It's done.

Is it just me or does it seem like the most ignorant thing in the world to keep GMC when all they are is Chevy's with different grills. :
      Your thinking with your dipstick - Jimmy (GMC :-[ )

Comment

I see the trading has been suspended.

Comment

They may fall off the stock exchange like Chrysler did until they can regroup.

Linda 8)

Comment

GM = Government Motors
            :P

Comment

Now they can get around the gred of the unions and make cars for the same price as toyota and honda in the USA. The sad thing is they asked the unions to take a cut and they said no, once again the unions are the problem, seen it all before over here when the UK car industry fell apart at the hands of the unions

Comment

Wonder what is going to happen with the GM car line. How will they change after all this.
                It's not the destination, but the journey and the friends you make along the way that counts.

Comment

if the bankruptcy is upheld; the common stock won't be worth the paper is supposed to be printed on.

Comment

I heard on the news that this morning before all the bankruptcy proceedings there stock was at 75 cents a share.
                    It's not the destination, but the journey and the friends you make along the way that counts.

Comment

You would be suprised how many people buy GMC's that would never consider buying the Chevrolet version of the same vehicle. There is a difference in the clientelle between Chevy buyers and GMC buyers.
                      1964 Chevelle
                      Power Tour 2004-2008, 2013, 2015-2016, 2018
                      LH 2005-2008, 2015-2016, 2018

Comment

Originally posted by dand38s

You would be suprised how many people buy GMC's that would never consider buying the Chevrolet version of the same vehicle. There is a difference in the clientelle between Chevy buyers and GMC buyers.
                        I'm one of those people. Short of getting one for free I don't see myself ever getting a Chevy. I'll buy some other division equivelant.
                        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by White Monster
                          GM = Government Motors
                          the government will lend 30 billion more to GM after the bankrupcy, getting 60% ownership of GM at a time the stock is at a low price. if GM comes out of bankrupcy and starts showing a profit and the stock goes up in value, the goverment might actually make money on the deal. i was thinking of buying GM stock when it is traded again. i bought ford stock back in april when it was $2.62. now it's above $5.00 and a recommneded buy. don't kid yourself into thinking GM is not coming back.
                          Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Originally posted by cobra
                            Originally posted by White Monster
                            GM = Government Motors
                            the government will lend 30 billion more to GM after the bankrupcy, getting 60% ownership of GM at a time the stock is at a low price. if GM comes out of bankrupcy and starts showing a profit and the stock goes up in value, the goverment might actually make money on the deal. i was thinking of buying GM stock when it is traded again. i bought ford stock back in april when it was $2.62. now it's above $5.00 and a recommneded buy. don't kid yourself into thinking GM is not coming back.
                            Exactly. Still risky, but big gains to be made. If I wasn't a broke student at the time I wanted to buy Southern California Edison stock when the rolling black outs hit California, because I knew the government or parent company weren't going to let them go under and their stocks were rated as junk.
                            Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

don't forget the investors who had 28 billion invested are getting 10% return whereas the UAW that has less than 10 billion is getting 29% return. Pays to pal with the Chairman(Maobama) who is the bankruptcy judge for Chrysler and General Motors. The three largest selling vehicles last year were 1,F150 2,Silverado 3,GMC Sierra (when combined with chevy beat F150 by 170million units or so) however tyhe chairman has mandated manufacture of gocarts and golf carts....good luck kool-aid drinkers.
                              Maybe I can clear this up.....I thought the cop was a prostitute.

Comment

Working...
                              X