Dreaming of driving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dreaming of driving

A lot of you know John my youngest son who is handicapped and you know his love for hotrods and car's. Well this picture sum's it up, he asks all the time
    " Can I drive ". One day somehow I'm gonna make it happen!!
    Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
    If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Never give up the dream John!!! Perry you need to find and old driver's Ed car with the pedals and steering wheel on both sides.
    Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

that's a great Idea Greg! I just remembered this Perry! https://www.wired.com/2014/05/sam-sc...plegic-driver/
      Patrick & Tammy
      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

He has a great taste in cars!

This is the one I remember dreaming of driving!
        1967 Chevrolet C10 SWB - 350/700R/3.73
        1965 Ford Mustang - 289/T5/3.25
        1968 Pontiac Firebird - Project Rusty Chicken

2014 HRPT Short Haul; 2015, 2016, & 2018 HRPT Long Hauler

Comment

Might want to find an old rural postal carrier truck a lot of times around here they are like s10 blazers and such they drive like a normal truck just have a chain drive to the passenger side for the steering wheel and a set of cables for the pedals and i see them on craigslist every now and then.. usually going cheep.
          Last edited by AMeanXtreme; April 23, 2017, 02:05 PM.
          Sean
          LH 2008,09,10,11,12,14
          Drivin' it home!
          http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...h-Expectations.
          Some people are like slinkies - not really good for much.
          But they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

Comment

Thanks for the input guys! But believe it or not once he grows some more and can reach the pedals I'm gonna put him in his favorite car, my 71 Vette!! I know it sounds silly but if going to do it I'm going to make it count which is why I'll be looking for airstrip or something similar. Of course I'll have me a kill switch rigged up I'm not totally brain-dead!! LOL We've got probably a year or two before we do it so there's a lot time to plan so know real hurry, I just saw him looking at that Camaro and thought to myself yeah we got to do something. Check out this pic and where his hands are, he's been paying attention!!

Comment

Perry, so THAT's what y'all were talking about at GHI, I had already missed the conversation when I walked up, you were saying, "Look where his hand is!"

What about a borrowed golf cart, something slower to start with, you could help him from the other seat?
              Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post
                Perry, so THAT's what y'all were talking about at GHI, I had already missed the conversation when I walked up, you were saying, "Look where his hand is!"

What about a borrowed golf cart, something slower to start with, you could help him from the other seat?
                Yes like the others mentioned there are lots of possibilities that we might do
                Pre-Vette, I just want to at some point put him behind the wheel of the Vette. Man he loves that car, everytime we go riding he's grinning like a Posum eating saw briers!!

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
                  that's a great Idea Greg! I just remembered this Perry! https://www.wired.com/2014/05/sam-sc...plegic-driver/
                  That's pretty cool technology!

Comment

Perry I can help that dream come true! I will find a older golf cart to get and build for John. You can count on it. I couldn't even begin to dream how he must feel when he looks at these cars! God has blessed him and Robert to have found you and you have been blessed for finding them.
                    Retirement is better than I thought!

Comment

You're doing a great job Dad.
                      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                      HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Thanks guys for the kind words, we're all three just muddling through life and hope it all turns out ok. Andy you're a special kind of friend as our whole group is, I thank HRPT and Bangshift for all the friends I've gotten out of both!

Comment

You are one of the good ones Perry!!!!
                          Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

Make it a Camaro Andy - he loves those !!
                            Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by pintoboy77 View Post
                              You are one of the good ones Perry!!!!
                              I'll second that!
                              Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

Working...
                              X