South Bend Cruise-in/Dinner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• South Bend Cruise-in/Dinner

Hey everyone, I'm trying to organize an afternoon cruise-in/dinner for the South Bend stop. The location is Das Essenhaus in Middlebury, IN http://www.essenhaus.com/ it's about a 25 mile direct drive from the fairgrounds. They've invited us to come and enjoy their amazing food and delicious pies (all 30 kinds). They're the largest family restaurant in Indiana with seating for over 1100 people. They also have a cruise-in with 100-200 cars every Thursday so they're used to working with the auto enthusiast crowd.

Here is a map for directions from the fairgrounds, you basically just hop back onto US20 going east and then drive until it splits and you'll see this huge restaurant with multiple buildings. http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=51...2&ie=UTF8&z=11

Re: South Bend Cruise-in/Dinner

Sounds kind of tasty, I wouldn't mind going to a huge restaurant like that. Looks like an easy drive. And I need a place to eat!

Comment

Try to remind us when we get there since I don't have a printer. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Leon

put it i your PDA thingie!!! :o

Comment

looked at it on their website; looks like a straight run east from the South Bend venue, a huge place by its description, with some great food....rexx

Comment

Originally posted by MIKEE

put it i your PDA thingie!!! :o
            What PDA? My PDA is a paper and pencil ;D

Comment

what is the best way to let a lot of people from the tour know/remind them? This is my first time on the power tour and I'll be going from Madison to South Bend, I wish I could go further but I can't take any time off of work.

Comment

Just keep posting here and talk to anyone you see wearing a shirt that says "Forum Freaks Tour" on it, standing by any car that has a BS.com sticker or Forum Freaks decal on it. Maybe get some small flyers made up to pass out.
                Hauling ass & sucking gas are the best uses for a truck.

Comment

Originally posted by FASTPACE
                  Hey everyone, I'm trying to organize an afternoon cruise-in/dinner for the South Bend stop. The location is Das Essenhaus in Middlebury, IN http://www.essenhaus.com/ it's about a 25 mile direct drive from the fairgrounds. They've invited us to come and enjoy their amazing food and delicious pies (all 30 kinds). They're the largest family restaurant in Indiana with seating for over 1100 people. They also have a cruise-in with 100-200 cars every Thursday so they're used to working with the auto enthusiast crowd.

Pie? I love Pie...... ;D

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
                  1966 Plymouth Fury III
                  2014 Dodge Ram 1500
                  Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
                  Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

Comment

Ooh this sounds good

Comment

That's my home town....Great place for car people...lots of parking... 25 min drive from fair grounds on the US 20 by pass....I drive it everyday to work... easy drive...

Comment

Hopefully I'll get the chance to make a flier and have copies made before hand.

Comment

Bump just as a reminder for everyone. I will also be making fliers hopefully by the end of the day if I have time.

Comment

Working...
                          X