Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome HRPT to Somerset, KY

Hello All,
    Just wanted to send a welcome note out to let everyone know that we are anxiously waiting for you all to get to Somerset, Ky on your 6th stop. I am with Somernites Cruise and we will be your hosts for the time you are here. We have a full team of volunteers in place to help make your time here as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. Right now, we have a team ready to leave for Madison, WI who will travel with you the entire route. Please take some time to stop at the Somernites Cruise trailer and introduce yourself. They will have maps of our show area available there for you to pick up and bring with you to Somerset. The maps have the routes into the show area marked as well as maps of the entire event indicating where food, restrooms, vendors, parking and trolley stops are. Be sure to come hungry. We will have all kinds of great food and tempting treats for you to enjoy. I hope your journey to Somerset is safe and memorable. If there is anything we can do for you while you are here, look for a team member in a yellow shirt and let us know what it is. See you next Thursday! Brenda

Re: Welcome HRPT to Somerset, KY

again, another shout out for your efforts, a real tribute to Somerset and their cruise team....great job.....and what I say, and what we'll say when we start for Madison, WI, on Friday morning...."fire it up baby, let's roll!"..........rexx

Comment

Sounds great!!

Comment

Thanks Brenda. Sounds like you guys are getting it done. We'll be looking for the trailer to thank you all.
        I R Bob
        You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
        2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Thanks Brenda, will be looking for the trailer, and looking forward to Somerset. ;D Oh by the way you might want to keep and eye out for the guy who posted before me and his infamous blue cooler. ;D
          It's not the destination, but the journey and the friends you make along the way that counts.

Comment

Hey now! I pulled out the issue of Hot Rod that had the 2007 tour in it and right there in the pic of the drive in was cooler glowing in the dark. ;D
            I R Bob
            2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Good Morning,
              I know some of you may already be on the road, but here's a heads up on an event that will take place while you are in Somerset. The US Postal Service has created a special event cancellation stamp just for our event. It's hard to describe in a few words exactly what it is, but I will try to make sense. In a normal day at the Post Office, there is a machine that puts marks across the postage stamps on envelopes to "cancel" them. For our event they will have a special rubber "hand" stamp to cancel whatever you bring to them that you are willing to put postage on. The cancellation stamp will only be used 1 day and then it will be destroyed. This makes it an item that collector's look for although many people like it just as a piece of memorabilia from their day. This particular cancellation stamp will have the "Somerset, Ky official HRPT stop" logo on it and the June 11th date. If you have anything (programs, envelopes, special car items, maps, etc.) you would like stamped, you simply purchase a postage stamp or bring one with you and take it to the Postal Truck to have it canceled. We will also have postcards on hand for purchase if you would rather have something like that. Looking forward to meeting you! Brenda

PS. BluLightning- I will be on the look out for you. Sounds like you are easy to spot!

Comment

That's really cool! I didn't know the Post Office did that. I won't be making it that far on the Tour, but I'll do my best to spread the word at the Madison and Racine stops. Whover gets this done, post some pics here so I can see it!
                I'm probably wrong

Comment

Hah Brenda, I looked for you at the venue today and you weren't there. We'll see you in Somerset. ;D
                  I R Bob

Comment

Hey BluLightning,

I heard someone was looking for me. Wish I could be there, too. Wisconsin is where I grew up so you all are visiting my home state. I, as well as a whole team of other people, are busy in Somerset though finishing up last minute details for HRPT here. Any advice for us here based on your first 2 stops? I read a couple of other posts that indicated we need lots of food and lots of restrooms. I think we have both of those covered. We have several food vendors who regularly serve at our monthly car cruise, so they are familiar with serving hundreds upon hundreds of people at a time and the food is awesome! Looking forward to meeting you. Look me up, probably somewhere near food court, when you get to Somerset. Be safe until then! Brenda

Comment

Hey Brenda;

I'll be in Somerset on Wed. Then doing the power tour there and Bristol. Anything going on that night? Some friends from Texas will be joining me on Wed. What are some good places to eat?
                      OH YEAH
                      Long haul 07. 08. 10, 11, and 13. Looking forward to 2014

Comment

Brenda,

The shortage has been restrooms. The biggest problem is getting up to 3,000 cars in to the venue. As I understand it now, there have been record numbers of vehicles at both stops. This afternoon it took us 1 1/2 hours to move 1.5 miles. I have been in law enforcement for 35 years and I was not impressed with Racine PD's traffic control plan. Oh that's right, they didn't have one.

Jim
                        Jim & Maureen
                        There is a fine line between hobby and obsession and I think I crossed it!!
                        HRPT Long Haulers 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013

Comment

Originally posted by 69SS 350 5 Speed
                          Brenda,

The shortage has been restrooms. The biggest problem is getting up to 3,000 cars in to the venue. As I understand it now, there have been record numbers of vehicles at both stops. This afternoon it took us 1 1/2 hours to move 1.5 miles. I have been in law enforcement for 35 years and I was not impressed with Racine PD's traffic control plan. Oh that's right, they didn't have one.

Jim
                          That line to get into the venue wiped out my left leg. I was almost wishing I had an automatic.
                          "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

I don't know about you guys, but that was the coolest traffic jam I have ever been in! ;D
                            I'm probably wrong

Comment

I'm with you Mat, my left leg is shot. I'm buying a vet soon and it may be an automatic. :D
                              It's not the destination, but the journey and the friends you make along the way that counts.

Comment

Working...
                              X