Driving Directions Missteps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driving Directions Missteps

For the most part, directions were good, with two small exceptions. One took us to a T intersection, but then didn't say which way to turn, the other one said to take exit 2B, which went South about 15 miles out of the way before there was a ramp to turn around and get back on track. Exit 2A was the correct choice.
    They said next year will be an app on your phone. I don't have a smart phone, yet. May have to get one and learn stuff?
    Hot Rod Power Tour...As much fun as you can have in a car with your clothes on!!
    Gregg and Deb Miller
    Verona, Wi.

Wrong turns? To me that's a Power Tour tradition! 🙃
    Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
    If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Originally posted by convss View Post
      the other one said to take exit 2B, which went South about 15 miles out of the way before there was a ramp to turn around and get back on track. Exit 2A was the correct choice.
      They said next year will be an app on your phone. I don't have a smart phone, yet. May have to get one and learn stuff?
      I'm guessing that one was the one coming into the corner of BG. We come in that way for a couple of other events & took the wrong ramp without being able to blame it on anyone but ourselves. Just get the smart phone. If I can learn it anyone can.
      ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

I think the "T" intersection was actually a cross roads.

HRPT 2000, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2009, 2011, Long Haul 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017,2018

68 Camaro S/S convertible, 69 Camaro Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by 67 Camaro View Post

I'm guessing that one was the one coming into the corner of BG. We come in that way for a couple of other events & took the wrong ramp without being able to blame it on anyone but ourselves. Just get the smart phone. If I can learn it anyone can.
          It's not the smart phone part for me, it's the 1G data plan I have. Normally, its more than plenty because so many places have wifi, but out on the road google maps eats it up pretty quick. I just need a way to download the maps directly to my Garmin, which I think can be done.
          1967 Chevrolet C10 SWB - 350/700R/3.73
          1965 Ford Mustang - 289/T5/3.25
          1968 Pontiac Firebird - Project Rusty Chicken

2014 HRPT Short Haul; 2015, 2016, & 2018 HRPT Long Hauler

Comment

Jesse my android phone stay's in safe mode ( really slow data speed ) that's the unlimited that Verizon and ATT have, doesn't effect my navigation at all. Robert uses up my 2 GB pretty quick.
            Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
            If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

I had a navigator for the first time by default....Dr Olds (Lee) after crashing his 65 vette into me in KC
              Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
              The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Originally posted by Jesse James 80 View Post

It's not the smart phone part for me, it's the 1G data plan I have. Normally, its more than plenty because so many places have wifi, but out on the road google maps eats it up pretty quick. I just need a way to download the maps directly to my Garmin, which I think can be done.
                This is a good program. Watch the tutorials.

Download BaseCamp™ software to plan your outdoor activities, organize your data and share your adventurers with others. 
                Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

No missteps getting to the VA show, just followed Redline.
                  Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

Funny you should say that Jim, I was going to say that I just followed Allen for the entire route.........
                    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
                      Funny you should say that Jim, I was going to say that I just followed Allen for the entire route.........
                      Yep and I saw you guys going back and forth on the route......how many extra miles was that???
                      Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
                      The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
                        Me too and I had a navigator this year!
                        I R Bob
                        You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                        2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dave View Post
                          Yep and I saw you guys going back and forth on the route......how many extra miles was that???
                          I believe that during the encounter you mentioned - we were ALL off the route. Besides, I missed the turn off to Pocahontas so we had to double back!

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post

I believe that during the encounter you mentioned - we were ALL off the route. Besides, I missed the turn off to Pocahontas so we had to double back!
                            I was thinking he might have seen us while we were on 'our' amended route...........
                            Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dave View Post
                              I had a navigator for the first time by default....Dr Olds (Lee) after crashing his 65 vette into me in KC
                              Y'all did a pretty good job, even when we took the wrong turns............only once or twice did I get HANGRY

Comment

Working...
                              X