Post your 2009 PT pics here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post your 2009 PT pics here

Please post your pics from this years tour here, so those that are having to miss it can enjoy it a little bit

Please.
    HRPT 2004LH 2007LH 2008

Re: Post your 2009 PT pics here

I'll try to get some up tomorow, but it will all depend on how much blood I have in my alcohol stream at the end of the night! ;D
    I'm probably wrong

Comment

All I can say is WOW! Yesterday I picked up my packet and goodie bag (2 full size bottles of detailer spray, a dozen stickers, 2 can coozies, a couple of key chains, pens, air gauge....)

Today I drove in at 10:30 to the Alliant Energy center. At that time it wasn't that bad. Then the cars really started to really roll in. By noon they had run out of spaces to park the cars. I spoke with a person at the check-in tent and he said they were up to about 3500 cars! Crazy!

20 vendors that were passing out stickers, hats, t-shirts, posters, and different detailing products.

They also had a section where you could autocross your ride for free (see the videos below including a new camaro hitting it hard; I saw at least 15 new camaro's; about 100 cars were doing the autocross) and a dyno for free...

The negatives were that they didn't have enough porta johns (the lines were all 20-30 deep and the few trash cans they had out were all overflowing. Also they only had like 6 vendors selling food.

Tomorrow I load up the bug, with my wife, and head to Racine! Should be a hoot!

This car was even more bright in person

New Camaro:

New Mustang:

New Mopar:

Impala (same as the one in the photo above):

Comment

I see the Family Truckster made it again this year ...
        :D

Comment

Lance's Maverick that he built for Spectre.

"Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by White Monster
            I see the Family Truckster made it again this year ...
            :D
            Yea, he followed me into the venue. You should see that big thing in your rear view mirror driving a little go cart like I drive. It is scary.
            It's not the destination, but the journey and the friends you make along the way that counts.

Comment

Comment

Video of a big blue truck Autocrossing:

Comment

Forum Member Arrowhead autocrossing:

Dodge Caliber Autocross:

Comment

Since tedly didn?t manage to find the photo thread, I thought I?d help him out ?

Originally posted by tedly
                    The guys I was with weenied out and we headed home fairly early, so I might as well put some of the pics up.
                    Nice pics by the way tedly ....
                    ;)

Comment

Loving the stuff guys. keep it coming
                      HRPT 2004LH 2007LH 2008

Comment

Made it back!

Rolled into the energy center at 8:30 there were about 1500 cars parked bumper to bumper... We were about 3/4 back in the pack....

took about 45 mins before we could move from the start at 9.

It was a quick ride from the start to where 12 merges... then it was a parking lot for about 1 mile. then back to 45mph for a couple of miles and then then next 6 into Cambridge it was like 7MPH!!!! not Kidding (photo below 6.5MPH).

The 1st gas station in Cambridge was packed full of cars and people. Towards the top of hill in Cambridge they were watering down the road for burnouts. A cop drove by it and didn't even bat an eye...

Took us over 2 hours to get to White Water...

Made it to Great Lakes Dragaway at about 2PM. Watch couple of races (including one against a new Camaro SS and a New Challenger ... the Camaro won with a speed of 108 and the Challenger at 101).

Then it was to Racine. The line of cars started about 1 mile out from the entrance... I followed a group of 8 cars a couple blocks over and we drove around the mile long line and into the Park. The vendors were on the Lake edge and the cars were parked on the grass and in the lots. Parked the Bug, took a couple of photos and then we were off to find a beer (I needed after taking 6 hours to go 100 miles....). Cans of Miller lite were only 2.50 (can't beat that). We walked around and checked out the cars for a couple of hours and then drove back home.

If I was driving another leg I would leave about 10-15 minutes before the Bus and drive for an hour to a town and then park and sit to watch the cars roll on by.

the weather for the day: On the way to the Energy Center it was sprinkling a little. When I got to the energy center and parked it stopped raining. After that it didn't rain a drop (which surprised me because at 7AM there was one heck of big storm coming in). In Racine the sun came out as we drove in, but the wind of the lake was a little cool, but the sun kept you warm.

Overall it was a fun day and I even ran into a couple of folks that came up to me and said, "hey you are the VW guy!"

Enjoy the pictures:

The Future of Nascar:

Comment

Guys, I know I'm posting my pics in another thread, but I have over 600 digital pics and 7 rolls of film. I didn't want to take over the thread... :-\ I had an absolutely incredible weekend, including the coolest traffic jam I have everbeen in (the trip to Racine). I wish I could keep going but it's not in the cards this year. I'll keep posting the good pics from my pile, maybe I can whittle it down to only 3 or 4 hundred...
                          I'm probably wrong

Comment

Here's some more from Saturday.

I'm probably wrong

Comment

This is in the red white & blue Pacer

I'm probably wrong

Comment

Working...
                              X