Vehicle Ideas for Next Year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pintoboy77 View Post

Sometimes it takes a Ford to fix a GM problem. So does that make it a Futlass now or a Cutlord?
    We didn't end up using the Ford solenoid. We wired a relay in that basically did the same thing.
    I R Bob
    You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
    2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Originally posted by Redline04 View Post
      I need a SW version of the 77 Impala... Need seating for 6 (w/2 of them for car seats)... & a/c ... The wife insists on it...
      Ebay has a 78 Impala wagon for $6000 buy it now/ high bid is $2000. Says Indiana.

Comment

Originally posted by Redline04 View Post
        I need a SW version of the 77 Impala... Need seating for 6 (w/2 of them for car seats)... & a/c ... The wife insists on it...
        Seating for 6 would have to be a wagon for an event like this. Especially considering how much room the car seats take up. We have two of them in the back seat of Laura's KIA.
        ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

You need space, here you go! https://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/c...224673643.html Just need to increase your funding...
          LH '06, '07, '09, '14, '16, '17, '22 & '23 - SH '05, '08, '10, '11, '15 & '18

Comment

Originally posted by stu yoakam View Post
            Ebay has a 78 Impala wagon for $6000 buy it now/ high bid is $2000. Says Indiana.
            Saw the one in Indianapolis, the Mrs. says "Pass..." Not cool enough... Wants something flashier... Maybe we should get something older.
            '86 Monte SS (sold) ~ HRPT 2015, '17, '18 ~ Long Hauler
            '73 Dodge Coronet Wagon ~ ‘19 Long Hauler
            79 Trans Am project
            ’90 Chevy 454 SS

Comment

Originally posted by george1861 View Post
              You need space, here you go! https://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/c...224673643.html Just need to increase your funding...
              Yeah, a bit outta my price range with twins on the way. Still cool though! Add some new wheels/tires- update the brakes and knock the dust off...
              '86 Monte SS (sold) ~ HRPT 2015, '17, '18 ~ Long Hauler
              '73 Dodge Coronet Wagon ~ ‘19 Long Hauler
              79 Trans Am project
              ’90 Chevy 454 SS

Comment

Did someone say RAMBLER?

Nick

Comment

OK, so, I haven’t checked back on this site in forever. Sorry about that. Story is, I quit my job shortly after my original post, therefore the whole “buying a powertour vehicle” thing has not exactly been weighing on my mind much. However, I think I’m going back to work soon, and if that happens I will definetly take a swing at going on Powertour again this summer. But that’s all dependent on where I end up working, how well it pays, and how much vacation I am allowed.

I know it’s probably not advisable because of how old it is but- there’s a 1960 Impala Sedan that somebody has posted on Craigslist here in Kansas City. I had a buddy check it out for me, and he says it’s a pretty solid start. It’s got a 305 out of an ‘80s Elco backed by a TH350 and a Ford nine bolt. It’s got some rust, but it’s just a cosmetic problem. $3800 is what the guy is asking, if I could snag it for $3500 then I might go for it once I have my employment situation lined out.

Originally posted by george1861 View Post
                  So...what year is the Mustang?
                  It’s a 2006 and it has a 4.0 V6 with a slush box- it was a great college car, and continues to be a great daily, but it just feels boring at events like Powertour. I like a challenge, and I like to live on the edge. Chances are, though, that it’’ll be my ride next year. I’’ll probably buy something soon after I find a job, but I doubt it’ll be ready to tour until ‘19. Here’s a picture of the ‘Stang for your time.

Attached Files
                  Last edited by PacerRacer; October 12, 2017, 10:18 PM.
                  HRPT 2016 - OKC, Wichita, KC
                  HRPT 2017- KC, Newton, Davenport
                  HRPT 2022 - Memphis, Nashville, Hoover, Pensacola

Comment

Mid 70's a body g.m.'s not crazy priced.. reliable, different, and easy to fix and cheap..
                    clean ones will be 3000-5000.00 . They ride nice. and it is easy to fix the lack of power the general started with..
                    Or a mid 70's thunderbird.. same thing..
                    Add an o/d transmission and cloud riding.. pimp style

Comment

Any word on next year's route? I haven't been on here in a week or two.

Comment

Originally posted by stu yoakam View Post
                        Any word on next year's route? I haven't been on here in a week or two.
                        Nothing yet other than it's starting in Bowling Green or at least that's the Intel as of now.
                        Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                        If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Evan and I are bringing the Blazeratti this year !
                          Last edited by tunaboat; December 2, 2017, 06:42 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X