This year's bad luck stories.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This year's bad luck stories.

Post your breakdowns, accidents, or other mishaps here. I'll even start.

I dont think I am the first to break down but, the alternator quit in the superduty. It is sitting @ the HIE while I am back at my room across town. Looks like 2 lucky breaks for me though. 1) NAPA store walking distance from hotel and 2) the Official Roadside Support guys are staying at my hotel. Looks like I may have some help with this beast.
    Hauling ass & sucking gas are the best uses for a truck.

Re: This year's bad luck stories.

Repairs finished. Was able to get a ride back to the HIE and drive to Auto Zone where is did the work in the lot. Who else has had breakdowns?
    Hauling ass & sucking gas are the best uses for a truck.

Comment

Looks like you're the only one so far Jim, but good thing you got back on the road.
      ;)

Comment

Malfunctioned B&M shifter. Took it apart outside Quaker Steak and it checked out ok. Interlock mech. didn't work??

Comment

Allen has 2 bent pushrods. Dave (68 Imp Drop top) called a friend and he's driving about 300 miles round trip to bring new ones! Car people rule.
          "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

That just goes to show that there are good people in this world. They all drive cars. ;D
            It's not the destination, but the journey and the friends you make along the way that counts.

Comment

my car decided to stop working before i ever left home so i'm not going to make it this year. ya have fun and be safe.

Comment

Saw a red 68(?) Camaro with fresh dents all down the passengers side. Battery on my camera was dead or I would have taken pictures of the carnage.
                I'm probably wrong

Comment

Originally posted by Pumpkin
                  Allen has 2 bent pushrods. Dave (68 Imp Drop top) called a friend and he's driving about 300 miles round trip to bring new ones! Car people rule.
                  Where did that happen ?
                  Probably trying to beat feet up there in one day !!
                  :

Comment

Originally posted by tedly
                    Saw a red 68(?) Camaro with fresh dents all down the passengers side. Battery on my camera was dead or I would have taken pictures of the carnage.
                    Yeah I saw that one, he had written on the side with a permanent marker saying that he hit standing water and then hit a pole.

Comment

Now that's bad. And i was ticked off when I broke my front spoiler on the entrance to the Super 8 in Racine last night. It was dragging the ground and held on by one bolt. I was able to engineer it to stay on hopefully until we get home on Sunday evening. The only other problem has been to replace a brake light fuse on a 69 Judge traveling with us.
                      Jim & Maureen
                      There is a fine line between hobby and obsession and I think I crossed it!!
                      HRPT Long Haulers 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013

Comment

My bad luck story is, My dad was supposed to go with me to Somerset and Bristol. He was admitted to the Hospital this morning and will be having bypass surgery on Wed or thurs. So I'm not going to make it this year. Have a beer for me and take lots of pics. Thanks in advance. Jim
                        OH YEAH
                        Long haul 07. 08. 10, 11, and 13. Looking forward to 2014

Comment

Im very sorry to hear that......our thoughts and prayers are with you............
                          That steely eyed look I had behind the wheel was me trying see..........

Comment

Originally posted by hoofhearted
                            My bad luck story is, My dad was supposed to go with me to Somerset and Bristol. He was admitted to the Hospital this morning and will be having bypass surgery on Wed or thurs. So I'm not going to make it this year. Have a beer for me and take lots of pics. Thanks in advance. Jim
                            Sorry to hear that Jim. Hope everything works out.
                            I R Bob
                            You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                            2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Prayers going out right now for your Dad, Jim.

Comment

Working...
                              X