blk wgn in front of chevelle
    Boob
    is that the first time you "met" allen?
    Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Yea, I'm gonna like this Power Tour thing

nom de guerre - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

Ok....so where is this "new" Power Tour board? Just call me stupid!
        Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
        The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dave View Post
          Ok....so where is this "new" Power Tour board? Just call me stupid!
          OK, STUPID (as per your request) - you are already there. That was a post from back when this board was carjunkie and David created a home for us to hang out at.

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
            OK, STUPID (as per your request) - you are already there. That was a post from back when this board was carjunkie and David created a home for us to hang out at.
            Thanks for the heads up, I keep learning more about this forum all the time.
            Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
            The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

The clue is in the title....

• The New Power Tour Board

OK, I've had a lot of requests to create a dedicated Power Tour board that's actually functional, so here it is. Keep in mind that CarJunkieTV.com is...
                Started by Freiburger‎, January 18th, 2008 07:37 PM 1 2

• Replies: 19
                • Views: 2,474

Big Dave
                January 4th, 2013, 11:30 PM
              Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
              HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

I miss the original intent for this board. Everything and anything about Power Tour. It has devolved into another general forum sadly and I know we've lost many members because of it. I understand that this has also "evolved" to be the place for the forum freaks of the Power Tour. But I feel there should be a Power Tour forum, and a Forum Freaks forum.

I remember I used to direct people here for any information pertaining to Power Tour, now I just forward them to the original Hot Rod forum because that focuses on just Power Tour.

I know I come here less and less trying to dig through all the non-Power Tour posts just to find one or two kernels of information. I used to check this site every day for cool new info.

Most will get upset with me over this stance. I'm just trying to represent all the others that aren't regulars.

I am not turning this into a fight, just a statement.

Happy and Healthy New Years to you all, and i hope to see you all on Power Tour.

Ryan Brutt
                The Auto Archaeologist
                Ryan's Cars in Barns Blog
                www.carsinbarns.blogspot.com

Comment

I like this site,but then again I like all the sites on this forum. For me Power Tour is not just a week long event it is a year long event and all the sites on here have something to contribute to that final week we call Power Tour. I do agree for some it is good to have a site where they can go and just find what they are looking for just for that week,but for others it is more than just a week long trip. All the sites are away of people to keep track of each other through out the year and stay in touch and let each other know what they are up to. I do agree with your opinion and I think that is what Dave is trying to do here.
                  Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

I think the moderators do a nice job of keeping the board's subject threads 'sticky', while allowing other discussions that are somewhat related to be discussed also. I also really enjoy the lack of pop-up ads.........
                    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                    HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by Devil View Post
                      I miss the original intent for this board. Everything and anything about Power Tour. It has devolved into another general forum sadly and I know we've lost many members because of it. I understand that this has also "evolved" to be the place for the forum freaks of the Power Tour. But I feel there should be a Power Tour forum, and a Forum Freaks forum.

I remember I used to direct people here for any information pertaining to Power Tour, now I just forward them to the original Hot Rod forum because that focuses on just Power Tour.

I know I come here less and less trying to dig through all the non-Power Tour posts just to find one or two kernels of information. I used to check this site every day for cool new info.

Most will get upset with me over this stance. I'm just trying to represent all the others that aren't regulars.

I am not turning this into a fight, just a statement.

Happy and Healthy New Years to you all, and i hope to see you all on Power Tour.

Ryan Brutt
                      The Auto Archaeologist
                      i understand what you are saying. there are plenty of other threads for posting pictures and posting comments. i think the intent of this particular thread was just info. maybe what they need to do is to create a thread that only the modulators can post PT info on and we can't post on? then put it up top as a sticky. i would be alright with that as there are plenty of other threads i can post on.
                      like you said, i'm not trying to start a fight, just an idea.
                      Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Originally posted by cobra View Post
                        i understand what you are saying. there are plenty of other threads for posting pictures and posting comments. i think the intent of this particular thread was just info. maybe what they need to do is to create a thread that only the modulators can post PT info on and we can't post on? then put it up top as a sticky. i would be alright with that as there are plenty of other threads i can post on.
                        like you said, i'm not trying to start a fight, just an idea.
                        I am going to go to my room and sit in the corner!

Comment

I love this stuff

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
                            I also really enjoy the lack of pop-up ads.........
                            AMEN to that!!!!
                            1999 Power Tour - 3 Stops
                            2006 Power Tour Long Hauler
                            2008-2012 Northeast Rod Run

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
                              I am going to go to my room and sit in the corner!
                              i'm sorry. i didn't mean to make you cry
                              Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

All those pics made me reminisce about last year (my first time ). Unfortunately we made different plans this year. We're taking the kids to Disney World so my next Power Tour won't be until 2014. I hope they take the route back north then. I absolutely LOVED Detroit and would like to see it go back there. I need to make a point to stop in here more often even when we're not planning to attend.
                                Lucas
                                2011 Mustang GT
                                2013 Focus ST
                                2012 HRPT Long Hauler

Comment

Working...
                                X