Peak Challenge question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peak Challenge question

So this is my first time doing the Power Tour and I joined the Challenge mainly because I've never tried autocrossing and thought this would be the ideal time to try it out. How do they calculate the winners? I keep hearing about consistency. Ok, I get that but how do they figure that?

Also, I was really disappointed with the young lady I talked to at the Peak tent in Racine. I was told by someone (Mr. Pitt perhaps?) that I should drop off my time slips with Brian at the Peak display. So once I finally arrived (over an hour waiting to get in!) at the park in Racine and got a parking spot I began searching for the familiar blue trailer. Once I made my way over I couldn't find Brian. So I asked the blonde haired girl and I was told that the winners were already picked. So she wouldn't even take my slips. She claimed that everything was already calculated (with a bit of attitude I might add). Not that I really expected to win but I would've liked my efforts to at least by recognized so I could see how I did compared to my fellow competitors. My question is, how were they able to figure out how I did since my Peak Challenge number was 118. The number I was given at GLD was 155 and no one at GLD asked for my name and I didn't see the tech official or anyone else for that matter making any notes of the car numbers. Maybe someone here can help shed some light on the subject. I mean if I was too late to get in or something to that affect, well, then I could understand but I was quite disappointed with the end of my day today.
    One last thing, I want to thing the Peak guys for giving my buddy with the SVT Focus a hand so he could keep going on Saturday.

Tony
    1990 LX coupe, 1986 Thunderbird, 2004 Torch Red Mach 1
    http://i978.photobucket.com/albums/a...psa33c367c.jpg

Re: Peak Challenge question

Tony,

Sorry you had a bad experience, that totally sucks. I guess sometimes people just don't get what Customer Satisfaction is all about. Remember, the venue for that blond was just her job, not a vacation like you.
    I don't know what her problems was and I'm not making excuses for her very poor behavior.
    If you are still upset about it at the next stop, go by the Peak Performance trailer and ask to speak to the Manager.
    I'm sure he will not like to hear one of his employee's was so disrespectful. They are there to win customers over, not push them away.

With respect to the Autocross contest rules, I believe there are two different contests going ...

One is the Autocross only, with two runs being required, with the winner having the two most consistent times (meaning the least time between the two, not the quickest time or average).

The second contest is a combined quickest time with two Autocross runs and two ET's at the dragstrip (e.g. lowest combined time from all four runs will be the winner).

Comment

I would be more than happy do as you suggested. However, I've been home since Sunday night. Thank you for your reply.

Comment

Tony, what they did was take your fastest and slowest times on the autocross and took the difference and calculated the percentage of difference between the numbers. Same with the dragstrip.

Your number that was put on your car at the strip was just for tech. The number on your car from Peak was what was looked at when your time was recorded. They saved them when you did your runs to your Peak number.

I came in 29th overall, because I'd never autocrossed before and my first time was SLOW. Did better on the strip. I only had .04 seconds different between my 2 runs. And the icing on the cake was on my first run I spanked a Camaro SS and on the second run a Z06 was embarrassed by the old BluLightning. ;D
        I R Bob
        You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
        2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

peak challenge

That definitely answers some questions! Thanks for the info Blu. I screwed myself at the dragstrip then. Because I made my first pass (13.09) and then changed my tires for the second pass (11.71). Oops!! I really did have a great time though. Having never autocrossed before (and using a car setup for mainly straight line action) I had nearly two seconds between my first run and my best lap.

Where did you find the results at? Are they posted online yet?

Now the only problem is that I have to wait for next year! To those that are still on the Tour, enjoy the ride and be safe!

Comment

I looked at the results at the venue but I think that they are online somewhere.
            I R Bob
            You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
            2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Was that at South Bend? If you are still going on the tour can you do me a favor and shoot a pic of the results sheet? Thanks!

By the way having four banger front springs and original struts is not the key to auto cross! LOL

Comment

Working...
              X