Eclipse watching?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eclipse watching?

Who's going to be looking skyward on Monday? I'll be paying a visit to the Gearhead Inn. Anybody else going to be there?
    Non-denominational car nut.
    Ten Time Long Hauler! 2001-2011
    Do you go all the way?

Watching from home... Middle of Wisconsin... Should be about 85% eclipsed in our area.
    '86 Monte SS (sold) ~ HRPT 2015, '17, '18 ~ Long Hauler
    '73 Dodge Coronet Wagon ~ ‘19 Long Hauler
    79 Trans Am project
    ’90 Chevy 454 SS

Comment

My son Robert and two of his buddies will be there.
      Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
      If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

I got my ISO glasses and am ready from right here at home.
        Visit my sons blog:
        www.driftundertheradar.com

Comment

Originally posted by Redline04 View Post
          Watching from home... Middle of Wisconsin... Should be about 85% eclipsed in our area.
          That's about what we'll get down here in Florida.

Comment

They are predicting thunderstorms here... probably just get a little darker...
            Patrick & Tammy
            - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

We are having friends in from NC to sit and watch in the pool! Hamburgers and hotdogs too! We are in the direct path of it. Liberty SC!
              Retirement is better than I thought!

Comment

I'm not to excited about it actually, probably watch a replay on TV tonight.
                Last edited by Big Dave; August 21, 2017, 04:16 AM.
                Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
                The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Cloudy and rainy here, zero view.
                  Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

It was not that exciting here clear skies but didn't really notice that much of a difference.
                    Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

Well Robert had a blast and said he got some great pictures off his telescope!!
                      He was in Andrews NC.
                      Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                      If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Looked at it through a welding hood... pretty cool....
                        Patrick & Tammy
                        - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

We had about 95% here. The local classic rock station did a couple of hours buildup with all songs dealing with the sun or moon. I got to wondering what they could close it out with & since it was only about a three minute view here, I figured "The Thrill is Gone" would be appropriate. And if you are a blues guitar fan like myself, here is a great version.

Blues master B.B. King performs "The Thrill Is Gone" in Chicago at the 2010 Crossroads Guitar Festival. Eric Clapton's Crossroads Guitar Festival 2019 collec...
                          ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

Some thin hazy clouds here, but blue sky just north of us. The boys and I sat in lawn chairs on the back deck and watched. Even with thin cloud cover it was clearly visible. Took a few pics with an ISO filter on my camera. Overall it was a neat experience for the boys to learn from.
                            '86 Monte SS (sold) ~ HRPT 2015, '17, '18 ~ Long Hauler
                            '73 Dodge Coronet Wagon ~ ‘19 Long Hauler
                            79 Trans Am project
                            ’90 Chevy 454 SS

Comment

Well, we drug our feet a little bit coming home from Woodward and stopped in Sweetwater Tennessee and partook in the complete deal - 2:38 of total eclipse. It was pretty cool. Just like on the internet or TV it got a little dark - sort of dusk like, the birds and insects started making all kinds of evening noises and it cooled down quite nicely. Then in a couple of minutes it was over!

Comment

Working...
                              X