No announcement yet.

Cars & Cones Road Trip 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone doing C&C solo? Willing to split rooms?
    Long Hauler 2009, 10, 11, 12, 15 3 of 7 in 2013 5 of 8 in 2014 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT

Comment

Unfortunately, we will miss it this year.
      We had an opportunity to go on a boat cruise (Out of Baltimore, just down the road from us) for our 40th anniversary with some friends and we were not sure of the exact dates till recently.
      Aaand, of course, it happens at the same times as Cars & Cones.
      We'll plan for 2019 then.
      So. Central PA
      Long Hauler 2010 & 2011 (2 stops 2014) 2015

NERR 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post

What's up with the Goodguys thing at the end? We as C&C participants are entitled to do what? Is that a car show, or what? I've read their page, but I don't get it...sounds like fun and a great opportunity and a privilege, but what is it?
        It is the Goodguys Carolina Nationals. It will have thousands of cars on display. There will be many high dollar trailer queens, parts vendors etc. It is $40-$50 to get registered for that show. Getting in free is a little bonus for us.

Comment

Anyone started a hotel list yet?
          BLUE STREAK

Comment

The Officials will post a list of hotels sometime shortly after the first of the year..

Comment

Originally posted by WICKED WAGON View Post
              Anyone started a hotel list yet?
              Waiting for them to post preferred/contracted hotels...only 100 cars, most of us can book together without issue probably.
              Long Hauler 2009, 10, 11, 12, 15 3 of 7 in 2013 5 of 8 in 2014 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT

Comment

Ok Thanks
                BLUE STREAK

Comment

Got an e-mail from FM3 today with some updates .. Looks like the last day is going to be GOOD

Comment

Originally posted by 67ragtop View Post
                    Got an e-mail from FM3 today with some updates .. Looks like the last day is going to be GOOD
                    yep! We have many new faces joining our group this year and we are SUPER excited! We are working very hard to make this the best FM3 Road Trip Cars & Cones event to date! About a month ago, we released the locations that we will be traveling to and we have included them below - in the next week we will be sharing the preferred hotels - please note - you are NOT required to stay at the recommended hotels however, you will have the best time, if you do! Just sayin'... Due to the fact we will need to submit all of our entrants information to Goodguys for your complimentary entry - we have a deadline of March 1, 2018 to make any changes to your registration. IF you have ANY questions PLEASE contact Carrie! We have some very COOL credentials in the works as well, which means we will also need to have your passengers name confirmed by this date as well. We look forward to sharing news and special events on the upcoming FM3 Road Trip with you in the upcoming weeks.

Sunday April 22, 2018
                    Kick Off Party, Check In & Car Show - Time TBD
                    Ridetech - 350 S St Charles St, Jasper, IN 47546

Monday April 23, 2018
                    Leave Jasper and travel to Dayton OH
                    Auto Cross @ Traders World
                    601 Union Rd, Lebanon, OH 45036
                    Dinner & Museum

Tuesday April 24, 2018
                    Auto Cross @ Traders World in the Morning
                    Drive to Lexington KY
                    Dinner & Charity Auction

Wednesday April 25, 2018
                    Drive to Kodak TN
                    Auto Cross Mid-day @
                    Smoky Mountain Stadium
                    3540 Line Dr, Kodak, TN 37764
                    Dinner & Shop Tour

Thursday April 26, 2018
                    Drive to Concord, NC in the morning
                    Auto Cross Inside the Road Course
                    Charlotte Motor Speedway
                    Dinner & Tour

Friday April 27, 2018
                    Drive to Raleigh, NC
                    Auto Cross @
                    Goodguys North Carolina Nationals
                    *We will be a special guest and ALL FM3 Road trippers will be welcome to participate with a Complimentary entry. Yes, that is right - every year make and model participating in 2018 FM3 Road Trip will get to enter in the Goodguys 4th North Carolina Nationals AND Autocross!!

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by 67ragtop View Post
                      It does look good Vic. I think I will stay over for the Saturday and check out more of the show and all then drive home on Sunday.

Comment

We'll be going from Raleigh to GHI on Saturday and then home on Sunday.

EDIT: Unless I decide to forget where the cones are on Thursday and make a full lap around CMS at great speed and get ejected from the program.
                        Last edited by pdub; February 2, 2018, 06:38 AM.
                        Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Anyone seen and info on the hotels yet?
                          Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
                          The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dave View Post
                            Anyone seen and info on the hotels yet?
                            Nope

Comment

They said hotels sometime this week i think

Anytime who has been on this before know of anything will be going on Friday night? Was thinking of getting a couple hours down the road. 14 hours back home from Raleigh, and have to be at work Sunday night.

Comment

Originally posted by GTPilot88 View Post
                                They said hotels sometime this week i think

Anytime who has been on this before know of anything will be going on Friday night? Was thinking of getting a couple hours down the road. 14 hours back home from Raleigh, and have to be at work Sunday night.
                                Friday night has traditionally been the party and cook out at Ridetech. Last year James Otto played an acoustic show, there were giveaways and raffles and in general a really great time.

This is the first time it is starting up north, I am not sure what is planned for Friday night.

Comment

Working...
                                X