Today We struggle...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today We struggle...

Back in September I posted a short yet exciting message about the early arrival of our Twin babies.

Today we struggle... Although it has been 5 days now, it seems just like it happened minutes ago... Today Lisa and I make this heartbreaking announcement to those who we have not already contacted privately.

On Sunday evening, 26 November, Our Precious little baby girl Ashlyn went Home to Heaven ~ to Forever be in the care of God and the Angels above.
    For 73 days our little peanut struggled to survive in the NICU at St Mary's hospital, Madison. Living on a ventilator since the day she was born, she was nearly 12 weeks early.
    She survived heart surgery only to eventually be brought down by a rare genetic disorder that caused her to suffer with Infant Respitory Distress Sydrome and Chronic lung disease. She could never breathe on her own, her lungs couldn't handle it. We fought hard and prayed until she could fight no more.
    She is survived by her Twin Brother Zane who is doing well and helping to console us during this heartbreaking time.

I write this here now only because I believe as Bangshifters, we share a unique bond and I really enjoy spending time with the Bangshift family. Right now I need to yell and scream and vent at the world. Thanks for listening.

All Obituaries - Farber Funeral Home offers a variety of funeral services, from traditional funerals to competitively priced cremations, serving Reedsburg, WI and the surrounding communities. We also offer funeral pre-planning and carry a wide selection of caskets, vaults, urns and burial containers.

Last edited by Redline04; December 1, 2017, 09:17 PM.
    '86 Monte SS (sold) ~ HRPT 2015, '17, '18 ~ Long Hauler
    '73 Dodge Coronet Wagon ~ ‘19 Long Hauler
    79 Trans Am project
    ’90 Chevy 454 SS

John, Laura & I send you & your family our deepest sympathies. It is one of those times when words do little to ease the pain but hopefully time will.
    ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

Be assured Ashlyn knows you still & always will. She is always at your family's side. Hugs for you time of healing. Blessings for you & the family.
      R n T 88MCSS LS2 6Spd (2013)
      Long Hauler 2011,12,14,15,16,17,18, 21, 22
      Real SH 2019

Comment

So sad, that I cried ... thoughts and prayers for Ashley, Zane, Lisa, yourself and the rest of the family.

Comment

Me and the boy's will have you and your family in our prayers. I'm so sorry, and your right about the bond of our Bangshift family.
          Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
          If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

We cannot fully express our condolences on your loss... our heartfelt thoughts and prayers are with you and your family in this time of sorrow...God bless and please let us know if there is anything we can do!
            Patrick & Tammy
            - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Our prayers and thoughts go out to Ashlyn and your whole family. May she have a smooth and safe journey to heaven where she can keep a watchful eye on the family she leaves behind.
              Last edited by pintoboy77; December 2, 2017, 09:46 AM.
              Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

That is the most heartbreaking news I've heard. I'm so sorry for your loss and will keep your family in our thoughts and prayers.
                Visit my sons blog:
                www.driftundertheradar.com

Comment

The same from Mary and I.
                  Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                  HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

I have no words, to express how sorry I am for your loss. I will continue to pray you and your family.
                    Arlington, Texarkana, Little Rock, 2013
                    Long Hauler 2014, 2016, 2018
                    Kansas City 2017

Comment

So sorry to hear this John, our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
                      Last edited by moparjim71; December 2, 2017, 09:53 AM.
                      Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

so very sorry to hear this. my heart and prayers go out to you and your family

Comment

So sorry to hear.
                          My Condolences.
                          See my build at: www.1932auburnsedan.com

Comment

so sorry to hear....one of my daughters is and has been a NICU nurse for many years.....your story is heartbreaking, my thoughts and prayers are for you and your family

Comment

So sorry..........

HRPT 2000, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2009, 2011, Long Haul 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017,2018

68 Camaro S/S convertible, 69 Camaro Coupe

Comment

Working...
                              X