Pac NW Summer Tour?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pac NW Summer Tour?

So the Navy has once again relocated me to the Pac NW. The traditional Power Tour won't be an option for me for the next few years anyway, so I'm dreaming up a week long summer road trip spiraling out of the Seattle area. Could be as simple as driving the Cascade Loop or as advanced as the 101 all the way to San Fran or the Alaskan Highway ( http://www.northtoalaska.com/Maps-an...ush-Route.aspx )

I'm not sure if we have any other NW people on the board, but is there any interest or ideas?
    Last edited by Cricket; December 17, 2017, 11:31 PM.
    Power Tour '16 Long Hauler, '17 Short Haul, West Coast for a few years now...
    1970 Pontiac GTO 455HO Convertible
    2005 Cadillac CTS-V, Maggie'd

Originally posted by Cricket View Post
    So the Navy has once again relocated me to the Pac NW. The traditional Power Tour won't be an option for me for the next few years anyway, so I'm dreaming up a week long summer road trip spiraling out of the Seattle area. Could be as simple as driving the Cascade Loop or as advanced as the 101 all the way to San Fran or the Alaskan Highway ( http://www.northtoalaska.com/Maps-an...ush-Route.aspx )

I'm not sure if we have any other NW people on the board, but is there any interest or ideas?
    Are you in Seattle or Everett?
    SuperBuickGuy is located in the general vicinity (maybe Woodinville).

Comment

My niece's hubby is getting transferred to Whidby Island next month (from Norfolk/VA Beach) - he is in some sort of jet maintenance - he just made LCDR but hasn't been officially promoted.
      Phil / Omaha

Comment

The 101 down to San Fran and back would be a neat trip. I also think a trip thru Ellensburg to Chelan then into Idaho then maybe to lower Montana would be a great trip as well.
        Visit my sons blog:
        www.driftundertheradar.com

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post

Are you in Seattle or Everett?
          SuperBuickGuy is located in the general vicinity (maybe Woodinville).
          I'm on Whidbey Island, it's a little north of Everett.

Comment

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post
            My niece's hubby is getting transferred to Whidby Island next month (from Norfolk/VA Beach) - he is in some sort of jet maintenance - he just made LCDR but hasn't been officially promoted.
            Congrats to him, making LCDR as a Aviation Maintenance Officer is quite competitive. Have they been out here before? I'm sure he has a sponsor but I'm always happy to help him out. Fellow O here.

Comment

Originally posted by Damon23 View Post
              The 101 down to San Fran and back would be a neat trip. I also think a trip thru Ellensburg to Chelan then into Idaho then maybe to lower Montana would be a great trip as well.
              I didn't think about the trip east through Chelan...that's a good one too! Maybe hit the Tri Cities and wine country.

Comment

Originally posted by Cricket View Post

Congrats to him, making LCDR as a Aviation Maintenance Officer is quite competitive. Have they been out here before? I'm sure he has a sponsor but I'm always happy to help him out. Fellow O here.
                First time they've been stationed there, they have already bought a house. I know he was on the Enterprise for it's last cruise, then another flattop for one. His last name is Yeiser. They've been in VA Beach for 5-6 years at least.
                Phil / Omaha

Comment

There's always the Western Scenic Tour in September cruising South Dakota this year..
                  I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

If my Corvette is ready, then I might be up for something like this...
                    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Cricket.....checkout bearphoto and the Western Scenic Tour (WST) you may want to join us for that in Sept.
                      Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
                      The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dave View Post
                        Cricket.....checkout bearphoto and the Western Scenic Tour (WST) you may want to join us for that in Sept.
                        I'll definitely keep it in mind. Timing will be a factor for me since we'll be in work ups for deployment and I have limited control over my schedule. I think we have a few movements planned for September at the moment but that could always change.

Comment

I'm in Kirkland and would be interested. Did Power Tour this year, but next year will just be too far. 6,000 miles round trip is more than enough for me.

Comment

Originally posted by CueBall View Post
                            I'm in Kirkland and would be interested. Did Power Tour this year, but next year will just be too far. 6,000 miles round trip is more than enough for me.
                            Yeah, that's exactly why normal PT will be off the table for me for the next few years. I'd like to be able to do the entire trip in 7 days or less. I'm sort of targeting the latter part of August (no kids here and should be the best weather)

Comment

I was stationed at Whidbey in the early 70's. I would love to come back for a tour. Beautiful area.

Comment

Working...
                              X