Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Long Haulers back home thread, and stats.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long Haulers back home thread, and stats.

I arrived home at 1:52 pm Sat. You? It was great to meet so many of you this year and finally put a face to a name.

Total miles door to door 2409
    Average mpg 18.5
    Best mpg 25.3 (all hwy)
    Worst mpg 14
    # of days driving 9
    # of days in bed before midnight 0
    # of days out of the bed after 6:00 am 0
    # of beers drank no clue :P
    Quarter Mile time 13.7 (with 400 lbs of crap in the car and a missed 3rd gear shift ;))
    Going again next year Oh hell yes!
    "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Re: Long Haulers back home thread, and stats.

Matt, looks like you represented the Freaks great !
    ... and a 13.7 1/4 ET with 400 lbs of crap in the car and a missed 3rd gear shift ain't too bad at all.
    ;)

Comment

Steve, I think that we can out do that. So the gauntlet has been thrown. Keep up with Matt and represent. 2010 will be the next power tour Forum Freak bash. Can't wait.
      OH YEAH
      Long haul 07. 08. 10, 11, and 13. Looking forward to 2014

Comment

Got home about 4 having driven thru Smokey Mts - Gatlinburg, Tn for some scenic driving.
        Only did two stops Somerset and Bristol and here's my stats:
        912 miles @ 14.54 mpg overall Best 17.554 slowly driving thru Smoky Mts , lowest:12.496 mpg keeping up with others between Somerset and Bristol ;D

Only had a beer of two but don't remember # of martinis...

Great seeing many of you but sorry it was only two days. Long Haul is only way to do this.

(Saw other HRPT participants at a light in Elljay. Met them last year at Loong Haul event in parking lot after chasing and trying to find them all week after they passed us out of Little Rock! What a small world.)
        John

Long Haul 2006, '07, '08, '11 Somerset & Bristol '09; Chattanooga '10; Birmingham & Chattanooga '13

Comment

Made it home ok, no parts fell off, bonus, good to see everyone again

total miles..a shit load

gas milage..no clue
          1 beer 3 bottles of rum..(slow week)
          fun factor...priceless

Never kick a fresh Turd on a hot day.....Harry S Truman

Comment

got home bout 12:30

1 great year
            200 hundred and sumthin days left til next year

cant wait
            The youngest guy on the board
            76 vega
            86 fiero

Comment

Not home yet. Drove to Clarksville, TN for the night. Overall average 18 MPG in the Camaro with the TKO 500. I'll post the total miles driven after we get home tomorrow afternoon.
              Jim & Maureen
              There is a fine line between hobby and obsession and I think I crossed it!!
              HRPT Long Haulers 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013

Comment

Made it safley home at about 2:45 Saturday afternoon. Ya'll actually take time to figure up gas milage? Cylinder #8 is still on vacation somewhere in the mountains. That experience will improve the breed for me next year. No half-assed prep before leaving home again.
                Non-denominational car nut.
                Ten Time Long Hauler! 2001-2011
                Do you go all the way?

Comment

Made it back to the ranch Saturday evening about 8:00. I'll get around to adding up the # later, I have a hay field to mow down in my yard asap!

Comment

Originally posted by 88ponypowr
                    Made it back to the ranch Saturday evening about 8:00. I'll get around to adding up the # later, I have a hay field to mow down in my yard asap!
                    Got in about that time last night too!
                    LH '06, '07, '09, '14, '16, '17, '22 & '23 - SH '05, '08, '10, '11, '15 & '18

Comment

I arrived home at 2:00 pm Sat after 9 hours. You just can't say no to a 7 year daughter who has a recital at 3 PM when she told mrs arrowhead that in fact I would be there when I had no such plans. As Pumpkin said, thanks to you all for the fun. Best news of this thread (so far) it that ImpalaGuy got home safely (sorry Charles but you didn't need another knucklehead playing around with your ignition).

Total miles door to door 2,854
                      Average mpg(during the tour) 18.6 (thanks to cstmwgn & Bob)
                      Best mpg(on the way home) 26.9 (all hwy - 70 to 75mph and no cstmwgn & Bob)
                      Worst mpg 13.75 to South Bend (Jesse likes to drive fast + Chitown traffic)
                      # of days driving 9
                      # of days in bed before midnight probably all, I'm a light weight
                      # of days out of the bed after 6:00 am most (old men always get up early if they get in bed before midnight)
                      # of beers drank no clue but way fewer than Pumpkin
                      Quarter Mile time 14.18 at Great Lakes Dragway (with ?!?! lbs of crap in the car)
                      Highest speed according to Garmin 109 mph (pretty windy at that velocity with no roof)
                      Best venue (IMHO) Bristol
                      Most Fun Driving the roundy race track at Bristol
                      Junk Injuries
                      (1) Lost the baffles on the drive to Madison, never liked em anyway
                      (2) Removed some critical clutch material stuff playing with cstmwgn & Bob somewhere on the drive to Somerset - that hurt as I would have loved to take the 1/4 mile trip at Bristol but had that date with my daughter the next day I had to make)

Going again next year that's the plan!

a.k.a. - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

Originally posted by arrowhead
                        Average mpg(during the tour) - 18.6 (thanks to cstmwgn & Bob)
                        Best mpg(on the way home) - 26.9 (all hwy - 70 to 75mph and no cstmwgn & Bob)
                        LMAO & ROTF !!!
                        :D

Cool stats Tom.
                        ... and I'm glad you made your daughters recital, I'm sure you will agree it was worth the effort.
                        ;D

Comment

We got home at 3:45pm Saturday, had to stop at the kennel and get the knucklehead mutt!

Total miles door to door 2504
                          Avg mileage 25.92
                          Best mileage 29.41
                          Worst mileage 19.97
                          # of days driving 10
                          Didnt run the 1/4

Not bad for 4.6L of Ford V8.

Bill

Comment

OK, After our stop over in Clarksville, TN and a stop in Paducah, KY to get some pictures on the historic downtown and waterfront, we arrived home at 1:30 PM CST. Everything is unloaded and the car has been cleaned on the outside and the inside with the exception of the engine compartment. That will be tackled when I replace the front crank seal that misted oil during the entire tour. I only lost about a quart altogether. I also broke one door lock knob and smashed the front spoiler driving into the hotel lot in Racine. Thank goodness for duct tape. Tomorrow I will order a new spoiler, lock knobs and go pick up a timing cover seal kit and water pump gaskets. Should have everything back together by Friday and ready to cruise some more.

Our total trip was 2,652 miles and we averaged 19 MPG.
                            I assisted 3 other drivers with repairs to keep them on the tour.
                            The wife made her 5 laps around Bristol Motor Speedway and has been on a high ever since.

She and I can't wait until next year.

I am the luckiest man alive to have a wife that loves the same things that I do!!!!
                            Jim & Maureen
                            There is a fine line between hobby and obsession and I think I crossed it!!
                            HRPT Long Haulers 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013

Comment

Back home Saturday 2 PM.
                              2908 miles
                              Best milage 22.1
                              Worst 14.5
                              Number of beers? Enough to make a ))) of myself!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X