big HOWDY from Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• big HOWDY from Texas

just thought I'd drop in a big HOWDY from Texas - some of you may remember me from the HotRod board. I gave up after CarJunkie following where everybody went to. On the tour this year I hard about Bangshift and thought I'd stick my head in and say Hello to friends old and new also heres a pic of the 69 bird stuck in body man jail - finally getting there after 4+ years

leave a message on this thread if you want to catch up - I'm still looking for Cheaps... anyone seen them rascals?
    take care, drive safe - have a nice day too. :P
    Rich -DFW area 1999 2000 HRPT Participent 2001 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2012 2013 2014 2015 HRPT Long Hauler

Re: big HOWDY from Texas

TAMan welcome to BangShift. Cheaps is here all the time so it should be no problem s getting ahold of them. Any idea when the Firebird will make bail? ;D
    1964 Chevelle
    Power Tour 2004-2008, 2013, 2015-2016, 2018
    LH 2005-2008, 2015-2016, 2018

Comment

Originally posted by TAman1969

Hey, somebody put the tires on backwards......bigs in back, littles in front....... ;D
      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
      HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

make bail? giggle, my body man says it will be painted this month- yeah sure it will!! the month is half over. The skinnys are just for roll around to fit over the ls1 rear brakes. I'm doing measurements for the 17x11" wheels it will sport - will be ordering them soon! cant do the front yet as there is no front end to check for fit last I saw the car :'(
        Rich -DFW area 1999 2000 HRPT Participent 2001 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2012 2013 2014 2015 HRPT Long Hauler

Comment

Oh Ed,

You didn't see what he was riding in this year. 8)

That bird is getting a 2.0 turbo front wheel drive set-up. :D

Sorry Rich, I couldn't resist. ;D

Comment

Hey TAman, here's hoping you get the '69 Bird back real soon, there are only 360 days until Tour next year.
            After CarJunkieTV folded, David renamed the site Freiburger's Junkyard, but then had to give that up when he returned to Hot Rod Magazine as Editor In Chief. He turned it over to Chad Reynolds and Brian Lohnes, who eventually renamed the site to it's current title of BangShift, which I believe is where it will stay for quite some time.

Welcome home ....
            ;D

Comment

The 'bigs and littles' comment was a joke! Never thought about using the donuts for build wheels.
              2.0 huh? Should be sweet.
              Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
              HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

OK Rich, you finally found us! :o Missed have you around, sorry we didn't do the tour this year. Looks like next year will work. I'll challenge you, bet I can have my Camaro done before you get the TA done. Now, what do I get when I win? :-*

Linda 8)

Comment

Hey Cheaps - how you bean? sure missed you this year, no betting on when it will be finished, but eng/trans are in it and rear end, springs so its some progress -unfortunately i still need to buy some large items- glass set, a/c system, wheels/tires- so i do have a long way to go and its not that close to work on every weekend - heres a thread of my build so far - sorry its under Zman1969 I took TAman1969 on Hotrod because Zman was already taken :
                  http://www.pro-touring.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14992 Cheaps I think I've donated to your camaro already but your welcome to donate to mine anytime ;D 67BlueSS you are so misinformed(as usual :D), oletrux4ever i know about jokes I'm the butt of them all the time - wont be any rub issues with them!

Comment

You'll have to send me pics, I don't have a password for that sight. :-[ So you're conceding the bet already?! I still have to do motor, trans, drive shaft, interior, wiring...and I want to take it next year! :o

Linda 8)

Comment

Linda, - Ken better get busy with your short good weather season up there -its upper 90s all week here :'( - Im trying to get motivated to get my Camaro running-driving - its a better shot for next year than the Firebird is. You should sign up or that sight- pro-touring.com and lateral-g.net are both good sites -seeing how Power Tour is about Touring its right up our alley. peoples project cars are kind of fun watching along as they are being built. there are currently 3-4 Trans Am clones being built all in Tx too. One of the guys is close to me so I went out to see what he had cooking, and he gave me some good suggestions of what he had encountered and what to look for - wish my car was as far along as his was. I showed my wife the video of the 09 tour we just did and she said she might be game for next year- depending on the route. My Camaro does not have air being a Z/28 and thats no fun in the summer but if the Power Tour goes the route I'm expecting(Milwaukee to GreenBay to Madison to Racine to Eau Claire to Oshkosh) no A/C shouldnt be a problem - unless all I bring are T-shirts and shorts(again) :o

Comment

Working...
                      X