Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great ontrack video from the tour

All,

Here is some great video footage from the Tour on the infamous Bristol Motorspeedway. This guy is in a 1995 Impala SS with the exhaust uncorked. His wife is riding shotgun running the video camera and providing the "color" commentary. Please note she uses some colorful words in her "color" commentary, but this seems to spur the driver (ie husband) to go faster.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSpLl1e3eQ0

Enjoy,
    Chad

Re: Great ontrack video from the tour

That was hilarious......she seemed to be okay at the end.....I wonder what she meant abouth she would never ever do it again......sex, Bristol, or the Power Tour...or all three. ;D
    That steely eyed look I had behind the wheel was me trying see..........

Comment

That was funny. The faster he went the louder she got. ;D
      It's not the destination, but the journey and the friends you make along the way that counts.

Comment

my wife would be the same way. i would enjoy it, her screaming that is. ;D

Comment

Hey Chad what was your top speed on the track ?

Comment

I actually didn't go on the tour this year. This was a video I just found. I think he says on the video something about 75mph and in the description about 84mph. That would be plenty fast in a street car. We go to the Goodguys show at Texas Motorspeedway in Ft. Worth every year and get to cruise the track there. We usually get up to about 85 MPH. I also got the chance to do the Team Texas NASCAR driving school at TMS and got up to about 140 MPH (10laps). I actually felt safer in the Cup car. If anyone here gets the chance to do one of the NASCAR drivers schools, jump at the chance. Back to this video, 75 at Bristol vs. 85 at Texas would be night and day because Bristol is so much smaller and narrower.

Chad

Comment

Gee, lots of video of the empty grandstands ... point the camera towards the front dumbass !!
              :P

"I don't like this. I don't like this at all" !!
              "Slow down, please slow down" !!
              "Is that it" ?

NO !!!
              "Oh God, I hate this, I hate this" !!
              "SLOW DOWN, PLEASE SLOW DOWN, YOU HAVE TO SLOW DOWN" !!
              Oh shit, I don't like this at all ! I will never, never do this again, I will NEVER do it again" !!
              "Oh ... No ...."
              "Thank God that's over with" ..
              "Oh shit, I don't like that" !

What the F... ??
              :-\

Comment

We got the Sol over 80mph, and to my surprise Tina loved ever minute of it. She actually said if they start at Bristol next year and allow us on the track, she is driving. ;D
                It's not the destination, but the journey and the friends you make along the way that counts.

Comment

stop slow down i dont like this slow down :o???

this lady is not a car girl
                  The youngest guy on the board
                  76 vega
                  86 fiero

Comment

I think I heard her say at the 4:34 mark, "dear, what if the wheels fall off!!!". That is some funny stuff right there.

Chad

Comment

Originally posted by Solsticefun
                      We got the Sol over 80mph, and to my surprise Tina loved ever minute of it. She actually said if they start at Bristol next year and allow us on the track, she is driving.
                      Now that is what I'm talking about ... Tina is definitely a keeper Jim !!
                      ;D

Comment

She wouldn't last very long in the car with me. >

She would have been whining like that before we made to Madison. ;D

That must have been my sister-in-law in that car.

Comment

I have to agree with you Steve, she is a keeper, and a good trooper to let me spend a week with all those cars.

Comment

Working...
                          X