Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 74NovaMan View Post

Pee Wee and Sue - Are you interested?
    Not this time - we're into next weekend's Land Speed thing for a fortune in peripherals already.

But Ozzy Osbourne and his son hit Tank Town on their USA tour program and that's a riot! That's got to be a blast to do - no pun intended!

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Just submitted a request online for Tanktown for the car crushing! Hope they have a slot open. Now I need to figure out what we are driving and check it over.
      Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
      74 Nova Project
      66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
      79 Chevy Truck Project
      1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

Tank Drive / Car crush confirmed and paid for! Power brakes are operational in the Mustang! On the road in 78 hours if all goes according to plan.
        74 Nova Project
        66 Mustang GT Project

79 Chevy Truck Project
        1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

Tank Drive / Car crush confirmed and paid for! Power brakes are operational in the Mustang! On the road in 78 hours if all goes according to plan.
          Okay! We'll meet you at Tank Town, we want to watch. I wouldn't miss that for the world. And Sue Unit's in. From Tank Town to the Gear Head Inn.

Dang, I can't wait to watch that. I hope there's a spectator area. You've got my phone number, let me know just about what time to meet up at Tank Town on Monday, by guesstimate.

EDIT: Of course, YouTube video will be the order of the day.
          Last edited by pdub; June 4, 2018, 08:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pdub View Post

Okay! We'll meet you at Tank Town, we want to watch. I wouldn't miss that for the world. And Sue Unit's in. From Tank Town to the Gear Head Inn.

Dang, I can't wait to watch that. I hope there's a spectator area. You've got my phone number, let me know just about what time to meet up at Tank Town on Monday, by guesstimate.

EDIT: Of course, YouTube video will be the order of the day.
            Sounds like a plan. We are hoping to drive the Tail of the Dragon after Tank Town on the way to the Gear Head Inn. Does that work for you and Sue?
            74 Nova Project
            66 Mustang GT Project

79 Chevy Truck Project
            1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

Sounds like a plan. We are hoping to drive the Tail of the Dragon after Tank Town on the way to the Gear Head Inn. Does that work for you and Sue?
              Yeah, okay. The Dragon is past GHI. Yeah, we'll do it. Monday's a good day to do it. Coming in from the west, we might as well run the Dragon twice, both directions to get back on a heading to GHI.

Call me when the time gets close. Call me before then, let's get our stuff in a pile. This will be great.

Comment

Yeah, okay. The Dragon is past GHI. Yeah, we'll do it. Monday's a good day to do it. Coming in from the west, we might as well run the Dragon twice, both directions to get back on a heading to GHI.

Call me when the time gets close. Call me before then, let's get our stuff in a pile. This will be great.
                Good deal. I'll touch base later this week.
                74 Nova Project
                66 Mustang GT Project

79 Chevy Truck Project
                1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

Hey Chris,

MapQuest has you coming through Cleveland to get to Tank Town from Chattanooga. Let's hook up at Weeville and just convoy from here. Whatcha think? Unless you're planning another route.

Comment

Hey Chris,

MapQuest has you coming through Cleveland to get to Tank Town from Chattanooga. Let's hook up at Weeville and just convoy from here. Whatcha think? Unless you're planning another route.
                    That sounds like a plan. Our date with the tank is for noon. Lets plan on 10:15 ish at your place unless you think we need more time. Also thinking we'll stop for lunch somewhere after the tank shenanigans. We are planning on driving this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2882.JPG
Views:	39
Size:	221.8 KB
ID:	1203702
                    74 Nova Project
                    66 Mustang GT Project

79 Chevy Truck Project
                    1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

That sounds like a plan.

It's a buck 15 from here to Tank Town. If it goes well, no interruptions, that should work

Comment

That sounds like a plan. Our date with the tank is for noon. Lets plan on 10:15 ish at your place unless you think we need more time. Also thinking we'll stop for lunch somewhere after the tank shenanigans. We are planning on driving this:

I like!! Can't wait to see it in person. (i'm talking about the car, in case anyone was wondering)
                        Last edited by cobra; June 6, 2018, 03:19 PM.
                        Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Originally posted by cobra View Post

I like!! Can't wait to see it in person. (i'm talking about the car, in case anyone was wondering)
                          Bruce

It is a very nice piece!

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post

Bruce

It is a very nice piece!
                            It'll be in our driveway for a few minutes. I'm going to pull a distraction thing and go hide it and then try to convince Chris he actually showed up at our house in a 2005 white F150 pickup truck, while I'm waving the key in front of him.

Think it'll work?

Comment

It'll be in our driveway for a few minutes. I'm going to pull a distraction thing and go hide it and then try to convince Chris he actually showed up at our house in a 2005 white F150 pickup truck, while I'm waving the key in front of him.

Think it'll work?
                              it's worth the try. what can he do...claim he doesn't drink?
                              Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Golly Whoppers was that ever fun !!!!!!! Chris and Teresa, it was a huge pleasure to meet y'all and run with y'all, our new lifelong friends. And what an adventure. Unit said it before we ever started and she was right - we did more yesterday than Unit and I typically do in a whole month.

Chris and Teresa smashad a car flat with an army tank (I've got video that I need to put together). We ran the Dragon twice, each direction. And retired at GHI for some good eating and fellowship with Jim and Mary. It don't get no better, what a day.

C&T, thank you so much for coming to see us and making that day possible! What a blast. And that green 66 Mustang, that thing is a rolling epic priceless story all in its own. What a ride WITH a story.

Comment

Working...
                                X