Route is out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andy4639 View Post
    Man the map for Atlanta to Darlington is messed up from the get go. You go out on Speedway blvd and turn left Richard Petty blvd then it turns into Woolsey rd then another left on 20. It's Stark rd not star rd later on.

Thanks for the heads up.
    Hot Rod usually changes the route sheets
    right before it starts. We'll see if they catch this......
    R n T 88MCSS LS2 6Spd (2013)
    Long Hauler 2011,12,14,15,16,17,18, 21, 22
    Real SH 2019

Comment

I'm going into Google Maps and creating my turn by turn route/maps. I am having trouble with Tuesday, June 12th route. Not seeing on the map how to go from @19.6mi turn right onto Bear Creek Rd. and @31.8mi continue onto CO Rd 55. It looks like a left onto Bear Creek???
      Last edited by FREDMAXX; May 3, 2018, 01:51 PM.
      2018 Long Hauler
      1965 Chevy C10 SWB Stepside
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/781158065608127/

Comment

If you have access to facebook someone has created a turn by turn in google maps:

Post your questions, stories and pictures from this historic annual event across America! The 2020 Hot Rod Power Tour has been canceled. For more information regarding locations, registration, FAQ,...

1967 Chevrolet C10 SWB - 350/700R/3.73
        1965 Ford Mustang - 289/T5/3.25
        1968 Pontiac Firebird - Project Rusty Chicken

2014 HRPT Short Haul; 2015, 2016, & 2018 HRPT Long Hauler

Comment

Originally posted by Jesse James 80 View Post
          If you have access to facebook someone has created a turn by turn in google maps:

Post your questions, stories and pictures from this historic annual event across America! The 2020 Hot Rod Power Tour has been canceled. For more information regarding locations, registration, FAQ,...
          Thanks. I see that the transition I was talking about was a left instead of right. A great resource!
          2018 Long Hauler
          1965 Chevy C10 SWB Stepside
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/781158065608127/

Comment

I finally registered. I almost changed my mind when I saw what it cost. Paying a fee on a fee is ridiculous. I had forgotten about that. Then it says you get free MTOD but its the same offer anyone can get off the internet so nothing special there. Try to watch it and it says I have to sign up right after it said I was ready to go. Same as last year. I'll pass.

Comment

Originally posted by stu yoakam View Post
              I finally registered. I almost changed my mind when I saw what it cost. Paying a fee on a fee is ridiculous. I had forgotten about that. Then it says you get free MTOD but its the same offer anyone can get off the internet so nothing special there. Try to watch it and it says I have to sign up right after it said I was ready to go. Same as last year. I'll pass.
              I paid when it opened up and i don't recall anything like you're describing? What fee on a fee are you talking about?
              Last edited by Jesse James 80; May 7, 2018, 07:54 AM.

Comment

The whole thing is a fee. Then they add a $7.50 fee to that when you check out.
                Last edited by stu yoakam; May 7, 2018, 02:47 PM.

Comment

Man, I must have totally missed that!

Comment

thanks for letting us know the route was out. I hadn't been on a while and didn't know.
                    Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Ask and you shall receive. This is absolutely fantastic. Maybe more towns can even have traffic control in place now to get us rolling through faster. Even if it's one cop or a DOT guy waving people through.
                      Attached Files

Comment

I hadnt posted in sometime on here but I am doing the Power Tour again this year and we will be traveling through my hometown of Gadsden AL where I terrorized the streets as a juvenile in a 1970 Plymouth Roadrunner with a 383/4 bbl( regretted letting that one go)......I would just like to point out that the route will come to a serious bottle neck at the

1223mi Turn right onto US-411 S Ramp

123.1mi Turn right onto US-411 S/N Albert Rains Blvd

....this is a 4 lane bridge with a one lane off ramp to one lane right turn on to a four lane road........this will back up for miles and cause some issues.......they are a some options to avoid this problem......

#1 is the route will cross US-411S earlier in the route will drive down this part......

77mi Turn right onto AL-68 W/AL-9 S at Weiss Mart

Marina (T-Junction)

82.3mi Turn left on Armory Rd at Cherokee Plaza

.....at this point you can continue straight or turn left but either way you will cross US- 411S......at which you can turn right onto US-411S and go for 24 miles end up on the route at......

123.1mi Turn right onto US-411 S/N Albert Rains Blvd

BUT IF YOU MUST DO THE ROUTE IN TOTAL there are some other options when coming into the bottle neck.......after turning onto

120.8mi Turn right on E Meighan Blvd

and after driving about 3 miles you will pass the Goodyear Tire & Rubber plant (where my Dad worked for 27 years before he retired) you will come upon North 6th Street where you can turn left and head over to Broad Street where you make a right and drive until you cross the bridge where you will take the first left on 1st Street which will blend into 3rd Street then that will blend into US-411S.......

another option will be before you cross the bridges from either Meighan Blvd or Broad Street there will be North Hood Avenue where you can make a left onto the head down on George Wallace Drive where you can make right onto I-759 to cross the river and take the off ramp to US-411S by our little shopping Mall..........these 3 bridged will essentially be one lane due to ramp situations needing to get to US-411S......

just a point of interest for everyone if take a left here instead of a right

120.8mi Turn right on E Meighan Blvd

and go about 2 miles just over the train overpass on the right will be Allen Johnson's Hot Rod shop.......some very nice cars have come out of his shop....he finished in the top 3 at SEMA this year........

if anyone has any questions about the route or area pm I will help the best I can or you just take look at google maps and plan or familiarize yourselves a better way to get around the
                        bottle neck........be safe everyone.....
                        That steely eyed look I had behind the wheel was me trying see..........

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
                          Thanks boB. I'll use these so take me off your email list this time.
                          Me too. Thanks for thinking of us just the same.

Comment

I am pretty familiar with the area from Pine Bluff, NC to just south of Sanford, NC. I have found one thing on the route instructions that I think is a mistake. On the Darlington, SC to Raleigh, NC instructions at mile 100.4 the directions say turn left onto Mocksville, Rd. I think they mean Murdocksville Rd.

If you are tempted to head up U.S. 1 and/or U.S. 501 think about it first. Those roads through the Aberdeen, Southern Pines and Pinehurst areas are terrible traffic areas on a good day. Add all of us to the mix and it would be horrendous. The roads the official route takes us on are primarily 2 lane roads which could be clogged up with the Power Tour folks, but I still think that route beats most alternatives I can think of.

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn
                              Hey Lars

Have they extended George W Liles Parkway all the way to NC29?
                              The last time we turned right on Poplar Tent and then left on Pitts School
                              Yes, it goes all the way to 29.

Comment

Originally posted by htrdharley View Post

Yes, it goes all the way to 29.
                                Thanks - I just went and looked at your google maps and saw that it was. I guess I need to update my Garmin maps AGAIN!

Comment

Working...
                                X