Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On June 10, mile 54.2 and June 15, mile 160.2
    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
    HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by htrdharley View Post

Where do you see that?
      Lar's it appears to be more that double secret social media stuff (facebook). We looked at the directions on the link Phil gave out and didn't see it either.

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
        On June 10, mile 54.2 and June 15, mile 160.2
        Thanks Ed.

On June 15th I have no idea of what could possibly be the scenic stop other than the entire downtown Mooresville. That exact intersection has nothing scenic about it.

The down town area is great, Old hardware stores, painted advertising on buildings etc. To see that stuff you actually need to go straight at mile 160.8 and continue on to down town. At the end of town you can turn left at East Wilson street, turn left at South Church Street, turn right at Center Street at the big church. This will bring you back on 3. You will miss or go around traffic and see down town and not miss any more than 2-3 miles of not much scenery.

DE Turner Hardware is over 100 years old, still in business and has not changed. There is a veterans museum, micro brewery, BBQ places, steak house, boot store ( Dale Sr. bought all his boots here) and Merinos just past where I told you to turn. Merinos is a huge antiques and furniture place. Alinos Pizzeria is located there. Awesome Pizza.

For those staying on Saturday, it is a nice afternoon checking stuff out.

There is no lack of stuff to do for car people around here...

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post

Lar's it appears to be more that double secret social media stuff (facebook). We looked at the directions on the link Phil gave out and didn't see it either.
          Thanks Allen. I thought my eye sight was getting worse again.

It appears that allot of stuff gets put on facebook, I am someone that will never join FB.

Comment

I'm not on Facebook either, but Mary is. She has friends (mostly other car people and follows Hot Rod as well as Laidback and seems to really enjoy it. Not my cup of tea.
            Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
            HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
              I'm not on Facebook either, but Mary is. She has friends (mostly other car people and follows Hot Rod as well as Laidback and seems to really enjoy it. Not my cup of tea.
              Mary is now in charge of updating us non FB crowd...

Your welcome Mary.

Comment

Working...
              X