Please drive safely!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please drive safely!

Make sure everyone you love knows to drive safely all the time!! Vic had a wrecker call earlier tonight. It resulted in a fatality. The victim ran off the road, flipped, and struck a tree. Vic had to recover the car so the First Responders could cut the victim out of the car. It was so bad the steering wheel was wrapped around the column. Vic said it was probably the worst wreck he ever was involved in. The victim was around 30 years old.

For those of you who know how badly Vic was hurt in 2012, please pray for this victim and his family. Hold your loved ones close, and impress upon them the need to always be careful. Cherish every chance you get to say " I love you".
    Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
    Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Amen Teri
    my new years resolution this year was to tell everyone I know how much they mean to me Everytime I see them. It throws alot of people off.
    Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

Originally posted by pintoboy77 View Post
      Amen Teri
      my new years resolution this year was to tell everyone I know how much they mean to me Everytime I see them. It throws alot of people off.

& Terri thanks for the message
      R n T 88MCSS LS2 6Spd (2013)
      Long Hauler 2011,12,14,15,16,17,18, 21, 22
      Real SH 2019

Comment

Well put Terri! I often mention that same sentiment to always tell those I love how I feel as often as possible...You NEVER know when it will be your last!
        Patrick & Tammy
        - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Amen to that! We are not guaranteed this life.
          Retirement is better than I thought!

Comment

Amen Terri. I reached the age many, many years ago when I realized if you have something to say to someone, be it good or bad, say it. Especially the good stuff.
            Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
            HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Thank you Terri, for the reminder. I know I get so caught up in the day to day rat race I lose sight of what’s important,
              God and my family. I will be praying for Vic, I know it takes a toll on all involved.
              Arlington, Texarkana, Little Rock, 2013
              Long Hauler 2014, 2016, 2018
              Kansas City 2017

Comment

Thanks Loretta. He didn't say much about it when he got home, but I could tell it was bothering him. He came through the door and said "I need a drink". He took me down to the garage on Sunday to see the car. It was really bad. The man who was killed was only 29 years old.
                Last edited by elcaminogirl59; May 30, 2018, 05:42 PM.
                Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
                Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

Well said Terri! It reminded me of an accident outside of the town where I grew up. A guy about the same age missed a curve & ran head on into a guard rail. This was well before they had the impact rails on the ends. The drummer in our garage band's father & uncles had all come back from WWII & started an automotive repair shop that just happened to be the "on call" wrecker for that night. His dad ended up having to use a torch to cut the guard rail off of the guy.
                  ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

Working...
                  X