Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Avoiding Bonaroo Music Festival Traffic???...traveling from Georgia through Nashville

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avoiding Bonaroo Music Festival Traffic???...traveling from Georgia through Nashville

Has anyone figured out a way to avoid Bonaroo Music Festival Traffic...between Chattanooga and Nashville, Manchester, Tn. 80,000 people are expected, gates open for camping Thursday, music starts this Friday. I've heard it can be a real nightmare. Let me know if you're figured out a solution. I'm traveling from Dawsonville, GA. ...going up 75N to I-24.
    Thanks, G

Highway 111 is a nice drive (Part of the Sunday route) run it to I-40, take Briley Parkway around the east side of Nashville to I-65 north.

HRPT 2000, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2009, 2011, Long Haul 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017,2018

68 Camaro S/S convertible, 69 Camaro Coupe

Comment

You can call (877) 244-0065 for long distance access to the local 511 for Tennessee. It appears they have a plan to keep all the yahoos in the right lane and shoulder allowing through traffic unimpeded travel in the left lane. I think we are going to gamble on it as the alternatives appear to be quite a few miles out of the way and we are trying to make it to Bowling Green in one day.

Comment

a friend of mine was in bowling green a few weeks ago, racing. traffic was bad, so he ran I-65 to Birmingham and took side roads to Dothan, down to I-10 to I-75 south. it was a longer route, and took an extra 1-1/2 hours, but he beat a buddy home by 3 hours. (that's for people in florida). I also thought about I-95 to I-26 to I-40. i'll look into that now with this info.
        Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Originally posted by HillTopRodShop View Post
          Has anyone figured out a way to avoid Bonaroo Music Festival Traffic...between Chattanooga and Nashville, Manchester, Tn. 80,000 people are expected, gates open for camping Thursday, music starts this Friday. I've heard it can be a real nightmare. Let me know if you're figured out a solution. I'm traveling from Dawsonville, GA. ...going up 75N to I-24.
          Thanks, G
          I am taking GA 20 to 75, in Chattanooga then taking the route from BF to Chattanoga in reverse. I want to visit Granville, TN which is on the river we cross on the route about an hour or so out of Bowling Green. Leaving Friday AM at about 5:45 AM. Want to make Laid Back Chill Fest and some laps on the road course in BG and then the Fish Fry at the VFW. Did you find someone to share a room?

Comment

Originally posted by cobra View Post
            a friend of mine was in bowling green a few weeks ago, racing. traffic was bad, so he ran I-65 to Birmingham and took side roads to Dothan, down to I-10 to I-75 south. it was a longer route, and took an extra 1-1/2 hours, but he beat a buddy home by 3 hours. (that's for people in florida). I also thought about I-95 to I-26 to I-40. i'll look into that now with this info.
            Check on I-40 as its prone to close if there are rock slides and they had a lot of rain recently.

Comment

There where still some people leaving when we went through but not bad. Did see a hippie bus though.

Comment

Working...
              X