No announcement yet.

On the road to 2018 Power Tour........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On the road to 2018 Power Tour........

Nobody yet?.......one of my favorite threads is the start of journey to our annual destination......Im just over 2 hours away from Bowling Green......not leaving until tomorrow at 09:30 am.....just wondering if the journey has started for you fellow Bangshifters.......be careful and drive safely......to quote the old U-haul commercial, "See ya down the road Jack".........
    That steely eyed look I had behind the wheel was me trying see..........

I only have a "short" 6 hours this time... compared to driving to WI and LA! Not leaving until around 1 Tomorrow.
    1967 Chevrolet C10 SWB - 350/700R/3.73
    1965 Ford Mustang - 289/T5/3.25
    1968 Pontiac Firebird - Project Rusty Chicken

2014 HRPT Short Haul; 2015, 2016, & 2018 HRPT Long Hauler

Comment

It’s 9am now, final packing started and leaving about 11am... driving straight south to Evansville, IN tonight. about 500 miles according to google... then on to BG on Friday morning... see ya’all there!
      '86 Monte SS (sold) ~ HRPT 2015, '17, '18 ~ Long Hauler
      '73 Dodge Coronet Wagon ~ ‘19 Long Hauler
      79 Trans Am project
      ’90 Chevy 454 SS

Comment

Rolling out at 1 today, taking the scenic route up towards Middlesboro KY stop for the night

Comment

Heading out about 7:00am tomorrow morning, will finish packing and adjusting the Speedo setting tonight. 550 miles to BG for us, hope to be there in time to register early.

Comment

Registration closes at 6:00 pm local time (central)............

Comment

We are rolling out tomorrow- about a 5 hour journey from Atlanta.

HOWEVER- a heads up to HRPTer's traveling up I-24 from Chattanooga to Nashville-

The Bonnaroo "Festival" in Manchester TN- as in years past was a massive traffic jam around that area.

We'll be doing a drive-around. If you try to go through- make sure you gas up.

Richard

Comment

Leaving Atlanta at 6:30 am. Taking the scenic route thru Huntsville then to I-65.
                Visit my sons blog:
                www.driftundertheradar.com

Comment

Now in Evansville for the night. On to BG in the morning. First to registration, then to NCM Motorsports for the kick off party... finally to the Vets show at the VFW at about 3:30...
                  '86 Monte SS (sold) ~ HRPT 2015, '17, '18 ~ Long Hauler
                  '73 Dodge Coronet Wagon ~ ‘19 Long Hauler
                  79 Trans Am project
                  ’90 Chevy 454 SS

Comment

We came through BG at about 2:30pm today on our way to Clarksville TN at my brother's house. We are going back in the morning to BG early to register then to the kickoff party and lastly to the vet show
                    Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

We are in Bowling Green NOW! We left Palmetto at 5:50am this morning and arrived in Bowling Green about 9:20pm! not bad for a 13 hour drive! Spent an hour + at Summit picking up provisions for our trip. Ended up having to swap out a MSD Digtal 6AL box! Then my wiz-bang 90* speedo adapter decided to blow a seal and oil the entire underside of the wagon! Three different times up on jack stands in the parking lots along the way trying to fix it! Finally drove the last 100 miles without OD and 3.89 gears!
                      Last edited by cstmwgn; June 7, 2018, 08:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
                        We are in Bowling Green NOW! We left Palmetto at 5:50am this morning and arrived in Bowling Green about 9:20pm! not bad for a 13 hour drive! Spent an hour + at Summit picking up provisions for our trip. Ended up having to swap out a MSD Digtal 6AL box! Then my wiz-bang 90* speedo adapter decided to blow a seal and oil the entire underside of the wagon! Three different times up on jack stands in the parking lots along the way trying to fix it! Finally drove the last 100 miles without OD and 3.89 gears!
                        Hope you can fix it. It was bad enough driving half that yesterday with 3.73s. Has anybody tried a 4l60 swap? The transmission controllers are high priced and you have to change it to use mechanical speedometer.

Comment

Originally posted by stu yoakam View Post

Hope you can fix it. It was bad enough driving half that yesterday with 3.73s. Has anybody tried a 4l60 swap? The transmission controllers are high priced and you have to change it to use mechanical speedometer.
                          Floor surgery keeps me from trying one - that and the power levels I am at would tax the unit pretty hard. The GearVendor has been a pretty good unit other than issues with speedo cables breaking. I thought the 90* adapter was a good solution to that issue but it will take a little more engineering to work on my application.

Comment

I tried a G body 200 4r in 2012 but the converter crapped out and I went back to my 350. My 71 had a 3spd and a 307 in it when I got it. The shifter handle looked home made and they cut a big hole in the floor. The clutch was used up and I had to pull the engine to replace the oil pan anyway so i got the auto for $50 at the swap meet and I have never had any trouble with it other than when the kickdown cable broke. Got a pan and seat from Mexico MO. It still has the clutch pedal. I don't like the small brake pedal. The transmission is supposedly from a suburban. It had a drain plug in the pan. I think the lockup harness is still there(brake pedal disengagement).

Comment

Originally posted by stu yoakam View Post

Ran a 700r4 in my 86 Regal with 3.73 rearend all behind 406 sbc ......had hard time trying to find a speedo gear and mech housing to get it to run the right reading, controlled the lock up with a switch and settled for $40 gps off of craigslist to tell me how fast i was going in 2012, 2013 and 2014 Power Tours......some new speedometers run off gps style tech to indicate speed now................

Comment

Working...
                              X