No announcement yet.

Fall Colors Tour - November 2-4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charlotte is only 100 miles from us. You could come see us at home!!!!
    Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
    Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

hmmmmm, something to think about. still not sure what car i'm taking, or whether i'm towing it or driving it. i was thinking of stopping near bryson city before or after because i was thinking of maybe looking for land in the area.
      Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Originally posted by cobra View Post
        i was thinking of stopping near bryson city before or after because i was thinking of maybe looking for land in the area.
        I heard there's a really nice hotel in that area that is "for sale".
        Non-denominational car nut.
        Ten Time Long Hauler! 2001-2011
        Do you go all the way?

Comment

Got a text from Impala Guy this evening. Gearhead Inn has sold. Jim and Mary are officially leaving on March 31. They will be genuinely missed. We had some truly epic fun at the GHI. Hopefully the new owners will be just as fun!! Good luck Jim and Mary in whatever you choose to do next. Maybe we'll make it to South Dakota someday to visit.
          Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
          Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

The Gearhead (it's hosts and guests) have produced some of the most fun times I've had in the last several years. Unfortunately, the new owners are not looking to continue what Jim & Mary had built. Reservations through April will be honored but GHI is to be converted into "efficiency apartments". Jim & Mary have found a wonderful place in South Dakota. She had to cut our conversation short but looking forward to hearing about their new home. I'm spending this weekend there for one last round of smiles, hugs, & tears with a few of the GTO/Holden crowd who are available on short notice. I understand that there are a few vacancies in case you're able to make it.
            Do you go all the way?

Comment

ok, guess i won't want to stay there if i go to the area in a few weeks.
              Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Re: GearHead Inn. It was great to see Jim & Mary over the weekend. Their lives (and ours) are changing but I will only focus on the positive here. For the first time they left the GHI together and went out to dinner with us on Friday night. When the inn was open one of them was on the property all of the time. On Satureday they put the top down on Mary's Mustang and went to "The Dragon". Neither of them had even been as Jim's goal was to complete his Cobra and then take it to that road. We also toured the new stretch of the Foothills Parkway (which is beautiful) and dinner in Bryson City. Saturday night we burned up all of the firewood that was left. Sunday morning brought hugs, tears, and promises to keep in touch and visit, but South Dakota is a long way for this NC boy.
                When I go back to Bryson City this fall it will be sad to know that the GHI (as we know it) and it's creators will no longer be there. Perhaps the new owners will understand when I pull into the lot, do a burnout, then slowly idle back out onto NC19.
                Do you go all the way?

Comment

It was one of the best periods in my life, never to be duplicated and should never be tried. Time for a new adventure that will be fun in it's on right. Any ideas anyone? There's always Cruising the Coast in the fall which some of us are already planning going to, but y'all know me short of life getting in the way tell me a destination and the nearest gas station.
                  Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                  If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

A lot of great memories from the GHI. I'll sure miss Jim and Mary and our gatherings there, many great evening at the fire pit. But a last as they say all good things come to and end. So what's the next chapter............well I'm sure we'll think of something.
                    Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
                    The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Working...
                    X