Toll ticket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toll ticket

Anyone else get one of these ? I never knew I was on a toll road. I could not paste it over here but it is for $.64.

Phil / Omaha

Not sure what it is Phil. But it sounds like you got a toll fee in the mail. It stinks that you can't pay with cash anymore on some toll roads and bridges. I live in an area where we don't have tolls so I don't own one of those fast track transponders. And once in awhile I come onto a bridge or toll road and there is no where to pay.
    Last edited by street72; August 7, 2018, 06:50 AM.
    I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

We have to pick up a ticket when we go onto a toll road, autopistas are toll roads,
      and you insert the ticket in the machine where you exit and that calculates the fee.

We can pay with card or cash into the machine, sometimes there is a manned booth.

There is also a system that by having an electronic tag in the windscreen you can just drive through and
      get billed later.....but the tag costs money too.

The autopistas used to be awkward to use because there were so few exits, they tended to go from city to city,
      a few towns if yer lucky.

Now we have the old regular roads that pass through all towns, then there is the autovia, toll free, going the same route but by passing towns.

So you can be on a regular road looking over at the autovia and beyond that the autopista.

Check this out.....unbelievable....they just couldīnt leave the barriers up for one day.

The Severn Bridge is shut because staff called in SICK:
      Crossing into Wales that is used by 17,000 cars a day is closed...
      but only because there is no one to man toll booths

Last edited by malc; August 7, 2018, 07:09 AM.

Comment

Where is it from, Phil?

HRPT 2000, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2009, 2011, Long Haul 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017,2018

68 Camaro S/S convertible, 69 Camaro Coupe

Comment

Did you just now get it, the tour was 2 months ago!

Was it on the official route, or on your way to/from the start/finish?

My group never went through anything that resembled a toll road, we ran the official route at least 95%-ish this year.
          Last edited by Jesse James 80; August 7, 2018, 09:22 AM.
          1967 Chevrolet C10 SWB - 350/700R/3.73
          1965 Ford Mustang - 289/T5/3.25
          1968 Pontiac Firebird - Project Rusty Chicken

2014 HRPT Short Haul; 2015, 2016, & 2018 HRPT Long Hauler

Comment

Originally posted by Jesse James 80 View Post
            Did you just now get it, the tour was 2 months ago!

Was it on the official route, or on your way to/from the start/finish?

My group never went through anything that resembled a toll road, we ran the official route at least 95%-ish this year.
            got it in last nights mail - - I never noticed any toll signs at all. Someone said it was around Raleigh in or out of) probably but I was not on it long for $.64. It was in North Carolina Jack.
            Last edited by 70chevyC-10; August 7, 2018, 09:37 AM.
            Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by street72 View Post
              Not sure what it is Phil. But it sounds like you got a toll fee in the mail. It stinks that you can't pay with cash anymore on some toll roads and bridges. I live in an area where we don't have tolls so I don't own one of those fast track transponders. And once in awhile I come onto a bridge or toll road and there is no where to pay.
              yep - - toll fee - they had a clear picture of my plate
              Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by malc View Post
                We have to pick up a ticket when we go onto a toll road, autopistas are toll roads,
                and you insert the ticket in the machine where you exit and that calculates the fee.

We can pay with card or cash into the machine, sometimes there is a manned booth.

There is also a system that by having an electronic tag in the windscreen you can just drive through and
                get billed later.....but the tag costs money too.

The autopistas used to be awkward to use because there were so few exits, they tended to go from city to city,
                a few towns if yer lucky.

Now we have the old regular roads that pass through all towns, then there is the autovia, toll free, going the same route but by passing towns.

So you can be on a regular road looking over at the autovia and beyond that the autopista.

Check this out.....unbelievable....they just couldīnt leave the barriers up for one day.

The Severn Bridge is shut because staff called in SICK:
                Crossing into Wales that is used by 17,000 cars a day is closed...
                but only because there is no one to man toll booths
                Don't do anything silly like have a "free" day to cross the bridge, heavens no.
                Phil / Omaha

Comment

Well, you'd better pay up right away or they'll track you down. Politicians never have enough money to waste, ya know...........
                  Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                  HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Over here if you pay a fine quickly you get discount !!

No green stamps.

Comment

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post

got it in last nights mail - - I never noticed any toll signs at all. Someone said it was around Raleigh in or out of) probably but I was not on it long for $.64. It was in North Carolina Jack.
                      Guess I'll actually look at my mail this week! At least it won't break the bank... seems like $0.64 isn't even worth the cost of paying someone to maintain the system, mail everything out, and check up that it's been paid?
                      1967 Chevrolet C10 SWB - 350/700R/3.73
                      1965 Ford Mustang - 289/T5/3.25
                      1968 Pontiac Firebird - Project Rusty Chicken

2014 HRPT Short Haul; 2015, 2016, & 2018 HRPT Long Hauler

Comment

Don't pay it until they send you another ticket. Then, they for sure won't make a profit off you. BUT, pay it before next year where we won't have to bail you out of jail.

HRPT 2000, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2009, 2011, Long Haul 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017,2018

68 Camaro S/S convertible, 69 Camaro Coupe

Comment

they had a clear picture of my plate
                          Been there, did that some years ago on the PA Turnpike. What a beautiful road and nobody was on it on a Sunday morning. In places you can see a couple miles ahead. Enjoyed going 111.8 on one long straightaway, that's how fast Bluebelle has been measured to go on the stock tune.

The Turnpike is different from highway 43 in the same general area on the map. On 43 you get on and then whatever exit you get off you pay the appropriate toll for however long you ran it. On the Turnpike you keep having to pull over and pay toll over and over, like a weigh station beside the interstate. Anyhow, I went to "sleep" cruising along over the crest of a hill and then I looked over to the right.....oh crap, that was a toll station, we blew right past it.

A few weeks later, the letter in the mail. Perfect high-def photo of our license plate, date/time stamp included. $2.00 toll and $25 punishment, if I remember the amounts correctly. And imagine, somebody does that for a living. Tying license plate photos to car owners and printing out the color photos and stuffing envelopes.

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

In 2012 I was in a rental on the PT in OK. I was driving along and took an off ramp. Here's a toll machine no operator just a machine. I didn't have "exact change quarters only" or whatever. I put a dollar in an drove off. An alarm sounded but oh well. Never heard anything about it. Now I carry a roll of quarters in my car. How are you supposed to have change in the middle of nowhere and you don't even know its a toll road until you get off? Ended up leaving my PT sticker on the window and my CD in the radio. I barely got there in time to turn it in. Had to fill it up before returning it.

Comment

Originally posted by stu yoakam View Post
                              How are you supposed to have change in the middle of nowhere and you don't even know its a toll road until you get off?
                              That sounds exactly like that toll gate in Blazing Saddles - "Somebody go back to town and get a shitload of dimes!"
                              Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Working...
                              X