2020 hrpt ?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020 hrpt ?????

Was at Route 66 festival in Springfield, Mo this past weekend, heard people say there won't be a HRPT in 2020. Can anybody confirm this?

I haven't heard anything about next year let alone the year after. I am not that upset about it.

Comment

Originally posted by stu yoakam View Post
      I haven't heard anything about next year let alone the year after. I am not that upset about it.
      Thanks, wanted to know as wife said she would finally go so guess she will next year.

Comment

I can't go next year. It will be too far east if it picks up where it left off this year.

Comment

Seems like every year there are rumors about the tour ending a year or two down the road.
          ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

Everyone knows it has gotten too large and almost unmanageable.. I wonder if the downsides (some listed in another thread here) has finally outweighed the fun ?

Comment

The current contract with the management company ends after the 2019 tour. I am not sure what that means, other than the contract is up.

It will be the 25th year for Power Tour, it will start in Charlotte unless something crazy happens.

I am hoping for a route that keeps us in the mountains with some cooler temps than we have had the last few years.

Comment

Originally posted by stu yoakam View Post
                I can't go next year. It will be too far east if it picks up where it left off this year.
                Only live once and I’ m trying to do my best, will travel different route to get East.

Comment

Originally posted by htrdharley View Post
                  The current contract with the management company ends after the 2019 tour. I am not sure what that means, other than the contract is up.

It will be the 25th year for Power Tour, it will start in Charlotte unless something crazy happens.

I am hoping for a route that keeps us in the mountains with some cooler temps than we have had the last few years.
                  Maybe someone will pick up next contract so us gear heads can still have fun on the two lane blacktops.

I also hope for a route thru mountains where temps are cooler, 55 is old school 2-60 air conditioning and wife has trouble with heat. Hope tour starts in Charlotte so I can drive new roads from Missouri.

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post
                    Everyone knows it has gotten too large and almost unmanageable.. I wonder if the downsides (some listed in another thread here) has finally outweighed the fun ?
                    Found the thread I missed on this subject, interesting feedback. Agree with most of the comments and think there is no way to fix this problem but to do away with HRPT. Hope this doesn’t happen for we put tons of money in small towns not to mention all the money we put into our vehicles. Saw many young people on tour, they are helping to keep the Old Hotrod scene alive.

Comment

There will be no 2019 Street Machine Nationals in Springfield, MO. But that event had been going down hill for awhile.

There has to be enough money being made by those putting HRPT on to keep it going. Let's get through the 2019 tour before spreading 2020 rumors.

On a side note, I made the 2019 Charlotte hotel reservations today.
                      GM G-bodies, because I can't afford a 69 Camaro.

Comment

200, I agree with the down hill but we still have Route 66 to look forward to. I also have made reservations in Charlotte.

Comment

I will not be long hauling next year, however, Charlotte is practically in my backyard, I plan to be up there and run at least the first leg, maybe even the 2nd, depending on how far we get from home.

As far as 2020, who knows. I wouldn't let the contract worry you, this is the 3rd event planning group since I started going in 2014. Maybe the shorter contract keeps them on their toes and gives Hot Rod the opportunity to boot them if they suck.
                          Last edited by Jesse James 80; August 15, 2018, 07:28 AM.
                          1967 Chevrolet C10 SWB - 350/700R/3.73
                          1965 Ford Mustang - 289/T5/3.25
                          1968 Pontiac Firebird - Project Rusty Chicken

2014 HRPT Short Haul; 2015, 2016, & 2018 HRPT Long Hauler

Comment

NOTED Jesse !!!

Comment

Working...
                            X