No announcement yet.

2019 Power Tour Stops / Route

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like rt 58 out of Martinsville towards Hillsville Va judging by the pictures. also looks like they are driving through Auburn right past the ACD and truck Museums.

Any word on getting those open early?

Comment

• don't know about places to visit opening early, but.....where were we when we got to the venue, and had to wait down the road a little bit until they opened it?.....what a pain
      Last edited by rexdogg; May 16, 2019, 11:57 AM.

Comment

• Yes, welcome Bill! Nice ride, you will have a blast.
        Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

• Originally posted by rexdogg View Post
          don't know about places to visit opening early, but.....where were we when we got to the venue, and had to wait down the road a little bit until they opened it?.....what a pain
          Could that have been Circuit of the Americas in Austin?

Comment

• Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post

Could that have been Circuit of the Americas in Austin?
            We did not like that place.
            I R Bob
            You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
            2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

• Originally posted by htrdharley View Post
              Any word on getting those open early?
              The ACD Museum will be open for visitors at 7:30 am Friday!
              Last edited by V12guy; May 21, 2019, 07:34 AM.
              See my build at: www.1932auburnsedan.com

Comment

• Originally posted by V12guy View Post
                The ACD Museum will be open for visitors at 7:30 am Friday!
                That is awesome. Thank you, we will be there.

Comment

• Originally posted by BluLightning View Post

Comment

• For the people staying in Mooresville I plan to take the route going to Martinsville, but will pick it up at the intersection of 52 & 49. I will be taking 152 east out of Mooresville into Rockwell, 52 south to 49. It is a nice drive, and misses the BS in Concord. If any one wants to do that we will set up a meeting point.

Comment

For the people staying in Mooresville I plan to take the route going to Martinsville, but will pick it up at the intersection of 52 & 49. I will be taking 152 east out of Mooresville into Rockwell, 52 south to 49. It is a nice drive, and misses the BS in Concord. If any one wants to do that we will set up a meeting point.
                      Lars

we mapped it from our hotel and came up with the same plan. Let us know on your departure plans - perhaps if we don't stay too late at your house Saturday night we can get up early enough to joint the crew on Sunday. Sunday is a long day as we need to get all the way to Hillsville that night.

Comment

• Any thoughts on alternate routes on Day 3 - Bristol to Sparta?
                        Not looking forward to ~130 miles of Interstate
                        What about 23 to 15 to 11 to 9000 to 60 to 127?

Any locals with comments on options?

Comment

• Alan, I was looking for alternates also. My first thought is to run the route up to Corbin, get on 75 to up to rt 80, take that to Somerset, then 27 north to 150 to Danville then 127 to 35 and into the track.

My thought process involves a stop at Cumberland Gap and chicken for lunch in Corbin,. and not really needing to be at the track early...

Comment

Alan, I was looking for alternates also. My first thought is to run the route up to Corbin, get on 75 to up to rt 80, take that to Somerset, then 27 north to 150 to Danville then 127 to 35 and into the track.

My thought process involves a stop at Cumberland Gap and chicken for lunch in Corbin,. and not really needing to be at the track early...
                            That looks pretty good.

Comment

• A local posted on facebook there is construction on I-75 south of Lexington. US 25 parallel's I-75 in the construction area. Going through Pikeville or Hazard is also a very scenic drive. I like that area better than going through Somerset. US 27 is a busy highway.

HRPT 2000, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2009, 2011, Long Haul 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017,2018

68 Camaro S/S convertible, 69 Camaro Coupe

Comment

• Another option would be to take 75 to 25 , into Mt. Vernon then 150 to 127 to 35.

Comment

Working...
                                X