No announcement yet.

2019 Power Tour Stops / Route

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Western Maryland has some real nice views if you head up the blue ridge. from there you could head west to WVA, OH, PA and even up towards the lakes if you wanted.

Comment

Originally posted by novadriver View Post
      Western Maryland has some real nice views if you head up the blue ridge. from there you could head west to WVA, OH, PA and even up towards the lakes if you wanted.
      What would be some cool venues in Western Maryland ( that would accommodate PT ) or along the Shenandoah Valley?

Comment

The 2014 route, at least the first half of it, was awesome. I'd like to see some of that again. Charleston was a little dicey getting in and out but otherwise I had a blast.
        2003 Marauder (HRPT 2014, 2018)
        1962 C-10 (2019 HRPT - now sold)
        1991 Country Squire (2023 HRPT?)

Comment

[QUOTE=a_d_a_m;n1214799. Charleston was a little dicey getting in and out .[/QUOTE] In & out? I think I was parked a mile or 2 up/down the river. :-(

LH '06, '07, '09, '14, '16, '17, '22 & '23 - SH '05, '08, '10, '11, '15 & '18

Comment

3 miles from the main stage....we were guided completely through the venue and forced to go back around.....this is why many long haulers get peeved when daily participants are allowed to fill all the prime spots early.....
            Patrick & Tammy
            - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by htrdharley View Post

What would be some cool venues in Western Maryland ( that would accommodate PT ) or along the Shenandoah Valley?
              Rocky Gap State Park in Cumberland,MD its beautiful out that end of MD or let I sure i could look for a few others

if you came up the Blue Ridge and Skyline Drive there is Summit Point Raceway in West VA. not far from Charlestown and Harpers Ferry that area is real cool too

we could have some nice routes out this way.

Comment

Western MD, yes, that would be beautiful. I-68 from the Gap all the way to Ohio is pretty darn nice...

Comment

This place would be a great venue stop.

The Gilmore Car Museum is located on a historic 90-acre campus in Hickory Corners, MI. We house a collection of over 300 vintage automobiles & motorcycles.

The Gilmore is a fabulous place. You could spend all day there. It would be an interesting stop.

Comment

While there were some great roads in the 2014 route, I will NOT go back to Charleston, WV if the venue is that same lame street along the river. Getting into the venue there made Darlington's wait this year look easy.

How's the parking situation at Bristol Motor Speedway?

If it doesn't rain, Mid-America Motorworks in Effingham, IL would work.

Ending point of Detroit has been the loudest rumor, but the Minnesota State Fairgrounds would be great. Plenty of room, and shade!

If we use the theory that Drag Week and HRPT go to the same cities (look at each of this year's cities), we may end up going Northeast yet.
                    GM G-bodies, because I can't afford a 69 Camaro.

Comment

There was plenty of parking at Bristol. We parked at the dragstrip.
                      I R Bob
                      You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                      2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

The laps around Bristol were fun also.

Somerset Kentucky was a decent venue also, in my opinion, but I would really like to see some new places.

Comment

I agree the MN State Fairgrounds would be a good stop and maybe Brainerd International Raceway, both hold major events and have a lot of room and shade. Sioux Falls or Sioux City would also be a new stop.
                          Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

I did the '17 HRPT/LH, nothing for '18, but considering '19 based on route. Going anything above the Mason Dixson line may not be the best. If Detroit turns out too be the end for '19, there should be plenty of stops as others have mentioned. If Detroit winds up not being the end destination, maybe something south and close to the east coast could be the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluestripe67 View Post
                              Going anything above the Mason Dixson line may not be the best.
                              It might be 10 degrees cooler if it goes north of the Mason-Dixon... :D

Comment

The laps around Bristol were fun also.

Somerset Kentucky was a decent venue also, in my opinion, but I would really like to see some new places.
                                What year was it in Bristol?

Comment

Working...
                                X